Full Day at Lake Kivu With Night Fishing From Rwanda
Visit one of our Hot Springs.There is a small hot spring on one side of Lake Kivu which is near Gisenyi, right across from many of the hotels along the lakeside. It is recommended going in the morning or evening for better experience.
Night fishing in Rwanda is an absolutely enthralling activity when visiting Lake Kivu that few tourists get to experience. Hope for good weather, bring layers, take your camera, and get excited to witness the magic. Canoeing in groups of three boats, Rwanda’s fishermen spend every night out on the crystalline water searching for sambaza. Though the profession is global, the process is unique to the region; the fishermen’s nightly journey across the lake, with their melodic songs and brightly lit lanterns, is truly captivating.
Meet your boat driver no later than 5:30 p.m. at the docks for a trip to the fishermen. the workday begins, as hundreds of fishermen row themselves to the center of the lake singing and whistling to keep rhythm with one another.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Boat Tour on Lake Kivu
- Bottled Water
- Driver, Guide, Fuel
- Site Permits
- Entry/Admission - Kivu boat tours
What's excluded :
- Air Ticket
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kivu boat tours, Bwishyura Museum of environment, Kibuye +250 Rwanda
Every evening, one of Rwanda’s dreamiest activities takes place on the shores of Lake Kivu. As the sun sets, lakeside towns are abuzz with the songs and whistles of fishermen rowing their way to the center of the lake, ready for another night of work.
Duration: 12 hours
Stop At: Gisenyi, Gisenyi, Western Province
Hot Spring Water
There is a small hot spring on one side of lake Kivu which is near Gisenyi, right across from many of the hotels along the lakeside. It is very rudimentary, with cement bags stacked around the pools to make them deep enough. The hot spring feeds both pools that have been created, one of the springs is extremely hot, the other is very hot still but bearable.
Locals go here, and they play music over loud speakers. There are local people there who will give you a massage for cheap. It is recommended going in the morning or evening when the sun isn't beating down to make the experience better.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Kigali, Rwanda
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/9/2020 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 05:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • All visitors are expected to test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to arrival. Tourists will take a second COVID-19 test on arrival and prior to visiting any tourist attraction. • We do arrange your testing appointment. • A $ 100 COVID testing fee is paid by international visitors
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.