Full-Day Barton Creek Cave with Optional Zipline, Butterfly Farm Or Big Rock Falls
Barton Creek Cave is the entrance to the Maya Underworld and can only be accessed by canoe. A peaceful and ancient realm awaits as you glide into the cave to see the amazing crystal formations and learn about the history of this sacred place. This tour also give you a combination with a choice of zipline, butterfly farm or waterfall to make it a full-day tour, which also include a delicious lunch!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Lunch with a drink
- Rum punch
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Barton Creek Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barton Creek Cave, Belize
We begin our journey through farmland where you can see the Mennonite community of Upper Barton Creek and experience their traditional lifestyle. We reach Barton Creek Cave, much of which is still to be explored and stretches for miles, of which 4.5 miles is navigable by open canoe. At the entrance of the cave we board our canoes, switch on our headlights and start to slowly paddle into the cave passage. While floating deeper into the passage we learn about the geology, archaeology and Maya history of these caves.
Our lights will bring crystal formations that are millions of years old to life. After exploring the caves, we turn around our canoes and float back to where we park them and complete our half-day tour with a refreshing swim.
Stop At: Barton Creek Cave, Belize
Barton Creek Cave with Jungle Zipline:
Each of our four tours offers you a return to the main platform on a 500 feet run via our jungle lift platform. This 2-hour tour is for zip line enthusiasts and combines the Explorer and Intermedio levels in over 2,700 feet of zip line, comprised of 9 runs and 15 platforms that take you over and through the jungle.
Barton Creek Cave with Butterfly Farm and Botanical Garden:
Here, you will be able to see flocks of exotic butterflies of various species, from iridescent blue to gorgeous orange, dazzling yellow to intriguing gray. There is also a botanical collection of over 120 species of plants, including orchids.
Barton Creek Cave with Big Rock Falls:
A 150 feet waterfall flowing over the granite boulders of Privassion Creek. We hike down the escarpment hidden deep in the Mountain Pine Ridge where we come to the stunning waterfall and the crystal pool into which the cascading water sprays in a cooling mist.
Departure Point :19 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups from all locations in Belize can be arranged. There may be an additional charge so please contact us if pick up is needed. . Departure Point for most tours: Downtown San IgnacioAddress: MayaWalk Tours Main Office19 Burns AvenueSan Ignacio TownCayo DistrictBelize, Central AmericaDirections: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize BankReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.