Full day boat ride to Mingun and Innwa (Ava) on the Mighty Ayeyarwaddy River
A full day guided tour to Mingun cruising across the Irrawaddy River and the ancient city of Myanmar king, Ava with horse carts will give you a pleasant experience. Mingun is located on the western bank of the river Ayeyarwaddy. By ferryboats across the river takes about 1 hour for up-river. Mingun is famous for many Buddhist shrines. monasteries. meditation centres and monuments of historical and cultural importance. A boat trip to Mingun is pleasant with plenty of life on the river to see.
Ava or Innwa is the ancient city of Myanmar king from 14th to 19th century, situated in the middle of two rivers, Small River and Ayeyarwaddy. And you will visit the highlights in Innwa by horse carts about 2 hours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation for excursions and sightseeing with a private car or minibus with driver and A/C mentioned in above program
- English speaking station guides at each destination
- Round-trip ferry boat to and from Mingun
- Horse cart & ferry boat in Ava
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meals not mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- All other services not mentioned in inclusions
- We start from your hotel. You will be taken to Ayeyarwaddy river bank to take private boat to Mingun. You will take an hour’s trip by boat up the Ayeyarwaddy River to Mingun. During your boat ride, you can discover lifestyles of our Myanmar people in the river. Upon arrival, take a walk to explore Mingun with a tour to Pondaw Paya. It gives a clear picture of what the paya would have looked like if completed. Next explore the unfinished pagoda, Mingun Paya. If the project of pagoda had been finished, Mingun might now have the world's largest Zedi (stupa). And then visit Mingun Bell; it is supposedly the largest uncracked bell in the world and weighs in at an impressive 90tons. A few minutes’ walk from here, we will also have chance to visit Hsinbyume Paya; a white, round shaped zedi with one nicely decorated stairway guiding up to the top terrace. After visiting Mingun, Cruising down to Innwa about 2hours (Depends on water level). During cruising down to Innwa, we’ll treat you our Myanmar traditional lunch on boat to get the new experience for our clients.
After 2hours downstream, this is the end of our private boat trip on the mighty River, you arrive Ava or Innwa, ancient city of Myanmar king from 14th to 19th century, situated in the middle of two rivers, Small River and Ayeyarwaddy. And you will visit the highlights in Innwa by horse carts about 2 hours, travelling on bumpy and dusty roads to see rural village life. The famous highlights in Innwa include, Bagaya Monastery, beautiful teak monastery from 19th century, and you can discover the structure of Myanmar traditional Monastery style in here and it is lively monastery and the home to a monastic school. And visit to Nanmyint tower, only one left of the royal palace from 19th century. Before you will be taken to Jetty, you should visit to Maha Aungmye Bonzan or Oak Kyaung is a monastery built by a queen with bricks in 19th century. And you need to take ferry boat to cross the Small River and your car is waiting on the other side of the River and return to Mandalay.
If time permits, this time is to enjoy the sunset in U Pein Bridge, on the way back to Mandalay. It is the world famous teak bridge that is called U Pein bridge named after Mr. Pein who supervised the construction of this bridge. Every day ends with sunset, so we can enjoy sunset on this bridge with romantic feeling and it is possible to take boats to see the bridge closer and to see the sunset with the bridge from the water.
After seeing sun setting, return to your hotel.
Departure Point :• We can pick you up at your hotel which should be in the city, otherwise there will be additional charge for pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.