Full-Day Buzludzha Monument Tour in a Classic Trabant
The one of a kind road trip! Visit the most exotic communist landmark on top of the world, with the most underrated example of an automotive socialist icon - the Trabant 601S! 500km round trip of screaming fury will ascend to the highest communist monument in Europe.
Buzludzha Monument was built in 1981 on the peak called Buzludzha by the Bulgarian communist regime. The main goal was to commemorate the events in 1891 when the socialists assembled secretly in the area to form an organized socialist movement with the founding of the Bulgarian Social Democratic Party, a forerunner of the Bulgarian Communist Party.
Nowadays since the Fall of Communism in Bulgaria the Buzludzha Monument is abandoned and in disrepair.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle (Trabant car)
- English speaking driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The trip can start as early as 8 am departing from your hotel location in Sofia.
The drive from Sofia to Buzludzha will take about 4 hrs. / one way. You will arrive at Buzludzha by 12 pm. You will have some time to go inside the monument, take some photos and enjoy the scenery from the peak. At 1h30 pm you will have the option to go to a restaurant and enjoy some local delicacies. At 3 pm you will depart to Sofia and again be driven for about 4 hrs.
Departure Point :Sofia, centrally located accommodation.
Departure Time :Flexible
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger heights and weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Please bring some water and food for the ride, as these are not included into the price.
- A maximum of 3 people per booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.