Full Day Cairo To Wadi Natrun
The very first christian monasteries were born in Egypt in wadi Natrun, where once over 50 monasteries were standing there!! In this day trip you will be introduced to the last 4 still-standing monasteries of this sacred place. Dier Al-Baramus is the oldest among them and the first to experience, followed by Dier Anba Bishoi with its namesake's body still exists. Then you will be introduced to the richest monastery, Dier Abu Maqar, and then to the most compact among them all, Deir El Suryani before heading back to Cairo.
8:00 am Transfer by our private A/C Coach to Wadi El-Natrun (100 k.m from Cairo via Alexandria desert road - one hour drive)
Visit Dier Al-Batrus the oldest monastery among them all.
Visit Dier Anba bishoi.
Visit dier Abu Maqar.
Visit Dier El-Suryani.
stop on the way back to get some snacks.
Continue to Cairo
Drop you off at your hotel.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water - Sealed mineral bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wadi Natrun
What's excluded :
- Professional photographer with high resolution camera to capture an unforgettable moment (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wadi Natrun, Cairo Egypt
Wadi El Natrun is a valley located in Beheira Governorate, Egypt, including a town with the same name. The name refers to the presence of eight different lakes in the region that produce natron salt.
In Christian literature it is usually known as Scetis and is one of the three early Christian monastic centers located in the desert of the northwestern Nile Delta.The other two monastic centers are Nitria and Kellia. These three centers are often easily confused and sometimes referred to as a single place (such as "Nitria" or "Nitrian Desert"), but the locales are distinct, though geographically close together and with interrelated histories. Scetis, now called Wadi El Natrun, is best known today because its ancient monasteries remain in use, unlike Nitria and Kellia which have only archaeological remains.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Providing a pick up and drop off services from any hotel within Cairo, Egypt.An A/C tourist car new model with a professional driver and a license from the ministry of tourism.Airport Pick-Up and Drop-Off
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.