Full-Day Cajas National Park Tour from Cuenca, Ecuador
Hike through the ecosystem of primary cloud forest, afterwards the intercontinental water division and finally take an amazing walk across the highlands to exprore the unique Polylepis Forest. The park includes approximately 768 lakes in an area of 70,533 acres. It is one of the most important water sources in Cuenca and Ecuador
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Naturalist Tour Guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lunch with trout option (If option selected)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna Llaviucu, Ecuador
Cajas National Park is located a short 40-minute drive from Cuenca. It has gained international prominence in several categories such: Wetland of International Importance by RAMSAR and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2013.
After a hotel pick-up and a 40-minute drive west from Cuenca. We will start our tour with a 1 ½ hour soft hike in the Llaviuco area, located in the lower part of the park. You will inmerse through the ecosystem of the primary montane forest, also known as "Cloud Forest". This is a great opportunity to acclimatize while our naturalist guide shows you some of the main aspects of the local flora and fauna.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Laguna La Toreadora, Parque Nacional El Cajas, Cuenca Ecuador
We will visit the dividing inland waterway first and then we will start a moderate 2 ½ hour hike (Depending on the pace of the group) in the highlands through the moorland ecosystem of wetlands and lakes. Our naturalist guide will spot some of the endemic flora, and explain some of the main facts of the geology, history, and culture of the area. Then we will get to the unique forest of polylepis trees, which are considered some of the highest growing trees in the world.
Before returning to Cuenca, we will have lunch at a traditional restaurant in the area. The specialty is trout!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free/Lactose Free options are available, please advise at time of booking
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Minimum of two people to confirm the tour. The company reserves the right to cancel the tour if there are not two participants at least
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.