Full Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Ypres
Stand in the tunnels where Canadian troops stood before the assault on Vimy Ridge and visit the Canadian and German trenches. You will see the scattered landscape of the Newfoundland Memorial Park in Beaumont Hamel. Thiepval Memorial, Courcelette Canadian Memorial will also be visited.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canadian National Vimy Memorial, Chemin des Canadiens Route D55, 62580 Givenchy-en-Gohelle France
Leaving your hotel towards Vimy Ridge where you will stand in the German and Canadian trenches, in the Grange Tunnel where Canadian troops stood hours before the battle. Have a look at the newly build visitor centre. You will see the Memorial where 11 285 Canadian soldiers are comemorated and have a view on the Douai Plain.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Courcelette Canadian Memorial, Nord Route Nationale, 80300 Courcelette France
Stand at the Memorial where Canadians fought at the fall of 1916.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lochnagar Crater, Route de la Grande Mine, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle France
See the crater, it is the result of an undergrounde explosion triggered on the morning of 1 July 1916.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thiepval Memorial, Rue de L'Ancre, 80300 Authuille France
See the largest CWGC's memorial bearing the names of 72 000 soldiers who have no known grave, and see the visitor centre.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'Eglise, 80300 Beaumont-Hamel France
You will stand near the Caribu and see the preserved trenches where New Foundland troops wrer slaughtered on 1 July 1916. You will walk along Danger Tree, Y Ravine and the 51st Highland Division Memorial.Spend some time in the New Foundland Visitor Centre.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum two adults per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.