Full-Day Caño Negro Boat Tour from La Fortuna
Take a nice drive from La Fortuna through the Costa Rican countryside to one of the most-remote and ecologically-sacred parts of Costa Rica called Caño Negro along the Rio Frio! This Wildlife Refuge encompasses an area of about 10,000 hectares near the border with Nicaragua.This is one of the best place for birding in Costa Rica. It's one of the few places in Costa Rica where you can catch a glimpse of the exotic Jabiru Stork, the tallest flying bird found in Central and South America. You may see wood storks, cormorants, and other varieties of birds -- this is a must-do tour for avid birdwatchers! Plus, everyone loves to spot sloths, howler monkeys, and caimans that inhabit this lush area.
The travel time from La Fortuna to the Caño Negro area is about 1.5 hours where you will board the boat with your nature guide at the Los Chiles dock.We will travel by boat along the edge of the Caño Negro Wildlife refuge on Rio Frio for about 3 hours and return to the same dock.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic Lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages - National Beer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Los Chiles, Los Chiles, Province of Alajuela
On this Caño Negro boat tour, you’ll have the opportunity to see a great variety of rare tropical birds, three different species of monkeys, as well as iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, sloths, turtles, and maybe even some crocodiles!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.