Full-Day Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge Boat Tour
Near to the Nicaragua border in the little town of Los Chiles you will embark in a safari boat ride on Río Frío , this river is part of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge one of the most important wetlands in the world.
Admire the richness of flora and fauna characterized by a variety of residents and migratory birds, three different species of monkeys, iguanas, sloth, turtles and caimans. Delight a delicious typical lunch on the way back to the hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Iglesia de La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
The tour starts when we pick up all “Nature Lovers” from
the hotel in a very comfortable bus for the 1-½ hour Transfer
to The San Emilio Bridge by The Rio Frío
Stop At: Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge, Cano Negro Costa Rica
Designed especially for nature lovers, this tour takes you through the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, a protected wetlands area designated as a Ramsar site thanks to a ecological importance. After morning pick up from your laugh Fortuna Hotel, travel to the little town of Los Chiles, located near the Nicaraguan border.
Climb aboard a boat for the voyage down the Río Frío, which winds through one of the most biodiverse habitats in Costa Rica. As you cruise, admire the richness of flora and fauna including three different species of monkeys, iguanas, three-toed sloths, Jesus Christ lizards, turtles, and caimans. You can also spot a wide array of migratory birds like herons, cormorants, and snake birds.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
La Fortuna area Hotels (please verify if pick-up is available at your hotel)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.