Full-Day Caracol Maya Temple and Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
This Maya archaeological site is located in the Cayo District of Belize. It is situated 40 kilometers south of San Ignacio Town, Cayo and rests on the Vaca Plateau at an elevation of 500 meters above sea-level. It is now known that Caracol was one of the most important regional political centers of the Maya Lowlands during the Classic Period. While hiking through this magnificent site, wildlife sightings of monkeys and birds add to the experience and to conclude this day’s adventure a stop for a swim in natural swimming pools is also included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - The Maya Ruins of Caracol
- Entry/Admission - Rio On Pools
- Entry/Admission - Big Rock Falls
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- An early departure from San Ignacio Town is required. You will be picked up at your hotel at approximately 7:30 am, and will travel south of San Ignacio Town through the scenic Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve. FYI: all transportation, guide fees, park entrance fees and your lunch are included. During rainy season this site is only accessible in a 4W drive vehicle.
This large ancient Maya archaeological site is located in the Cayo District of Belize, within the Chiquibul National Park. At Caracol, there are approximately 267 structures per square kilometer, 85% higher than Tikal. The site covers approximately 200 square kilometers and within this area, structures are generally situated equidistantly and are integrated with the terrace system. The town grew into one of the largest ancient Maya cities, covering some 177 km² with an estimated population of over 100,000 with settlement focused along the many radiating causeways (potentially peaking between 120,000 and up to 180,000).
Caracol offers an adventure you will not soon forget. Hiking around this ancient site you will be captivated by its majestic pyramids and rich history. Throughout the site you are bound to come across exotic wildlife such as monkeys, toucans and other wild animals. In addition, after an adventurous tour of this magnificent site you will have the opportunity to make a stop at the Rio On Pools or Big Rock Falls for an optional swim in natural cascading swimming pools so don't forget to bring along swimwear. At the end of the day, you'll be brought back to your hotel.
Departure Point :San Ignacio town hotel or nearby.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.