Full-day Cartago Ruins, Irazú Volcano and Sarapiquí River Cruise From San Jose
In this full day tour, you will visit the famous ruins of Cartago from where you will depart to the majestic Irazú Volcano, the only place in the country where on a sunny day you can see both oceans, then enjoy a delicious typical breakfast before heading to the Braulio Carrillo National Park.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Entry/Admission - Irazu Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Sarapiqui River
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santiago Apostol Parish Ruins, Cnr Av 2 Calle 2, Cartago 30102 Costa Rica
On this full day tour our fist stop will be the famous Ruins of Cartago: They are constituted by the walls and staircases of a Romanesque-style temple, whose construction began in the second half of the 19th century and was interrupted as a result of the Santa Monica earthquake (May 4, 1910), and two other earthquakes, when the building was already in the process of being completed.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
The next stop will be the Irazu Volcano which is the highest active volcano in Costa Rica, from the top it is possible to see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on a clear day, however, such clear days are rare, and the volcano's summit is usually cloud-covered.
The national park contains both primary and secondary montane forests and is home to armadillos, owls, rabbits, foxes, woodpeckers, and hummingbirds.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, North Of San Jose 19 km, San Jose 10104 Costa Rica
On route to Sarapiquí we will driver through Braulio Carrillo National Park: Both the large size (108,970 acres) and its varied altitude of 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) between highest and lowest points, make it home to several distinct ecoregion zones ranging from high-altitude cloud forests to lowlands tropical rainforest, it has one of the highest levels of biodiversity in Costa Rica. More than 90% of the park is covered in primary forest providing a unique snapshot of ancient ecological conditions.
Stop At: Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica
Finally we will arrive at the town of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, where we will board our boat to continue with the tour for 1 ½ hours along the river, in which we will have the opportunity to observe an exuberant flora and fauna like toucans, monkeys, sloths, crocodiles, alligators and other species.
At the end of the boat trip, we will arrive at our private reserve, in which we will enjoy a well-deserved typical lunch of the region.
We will also visit our, an incredible collection of snakes, the frogs sanctuary and the botanical garden.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up in most of the hotels in San José (please contact us to verify if pick-up is available at your hotel)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.