Full-Day Cave of Lakes and Odontotos Railway Tour from Athens
Discover the ancient legends and Mediterranean beauty of the Peloponnese, on a private, full-day tour from Athens. Cross the Corinth Canal to enter the Peloponnese, and drive through an area rich with vineyards and olive groves to Ride the historic Odontotos Rack Railway, reach the mythical underground Cave of Lakes. Enjoy a traditional Greek ‘meze’ lunch in a mountain village in the comfort of a private vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- -English-speaking driver
- -Air-conditioned van vehicle
- -Private transportation
- -Rack railway tickets
- Disposable masks and gloves are provided
- Entry/Admission - Odontotos rack railway Diakopto – Kalavrita
What's excluded :
- -Entrance fees
- -Meals,Lunch & personal expenses
- -Official guide (contact us for availability and price)
- -Tickets to the Cave of Lakes
- Entry/Admission - Kastria Cave of the Lakes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The Corinth Canal connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegean Sea. It cuts through the narrow Isthmus of Corinth and separates the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland, arguably making the peninsula an island.
Stop At: Odontotos rack railway Diakopto – Kalavrita, Diakopto 250 03, Greece
Your Driver drops you off at the rack railway station and when you finish your wonderful ride and reach kalavrita station he will be waiting you there, as for that small railway about 120 years ago Odontotos rack railway started from the seaside town of Diakopto parallel to the river and climbed to Kalavrita through bridges and tunnels. The little train incorporated so well to the natural environment that it seems that it had always been there. The way it was constructed did not put a strain on the ecosystem of the gorge. Using stone and wood from the area the technicians' work is so perfect that someone may think that the nature worked on its own.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Kastria Cave of the Lakes, Kastria Greece
Our next stop The Mythical Cave of the Lakes, has something exclusively unique that does not exist in other well known caves. A rare creation of nature with mysterious galleries and strange stalactite formations.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Kalavrita, Kalavrita, Achaea Region, West Greece
*Optional -We make a stop for lunch before we start our way back to athens and your hotel
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby/ apartment.You may contact us if you need clarification.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- -All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides and they cannot escort you inside sites, museums and monuments.
- - We can pick you up from any hotel, accommodation, or central point in the city of Athens
- -If you desire an officialy licensed guide, is upon request (contact us for availability and price)
- If you need a Infant/child Seat plz call us and let us know at least 1 day before the tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- There is a limit of passengers per 9seats vehicle of 5 passengers + the driver, Exceeding the passenger limit is exceptionally permitted, provided that only parents with their minor children are in the vehicle. The use of a non-medical protective mask by passengers and the driver is mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.