Full-Day City Tour of Addis Ababa
This tour will give you a glimpse of huge Ethiopia shortly. In addition of learning so much history and culture of the country, your tour has entitled you for a chance to experience so many activities in Addis Ababa, and moreover to see amazing places and to interact with the local people.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Ethiopia
- Entry/Admission - Holy Trinity Cathedral
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Entoto, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Mount Entoto will be a start of your city tour. Drive through the spectacular hill road. It is a historical place where Emperor Menelik II resided and built his palace, when he came from Ankober and founded Addis Ababa. It is considered a sacred mountain and has many monasteries. It is situated at an altitude of between 2,600 and 3,100 meters. You will have a magnificent view of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Museum of Ethiopia, King George VI Street, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Then drive to the National Museum. The museum houses the nation's artistic treasures as well as many of the most precious archaeological finds such as the fossilized remains of early hominids, the most famous of which is "Lucy," the partial skeleton of a specimen of Australopithecus afarensis. The well-known Lucy is said to be 3.2 million years old.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Holy Trinity Cathedral, Aratkilo area Addis, Addis Ababa 123 Ethiopia
After visiting the museum, you will drive to Trinity cathedral Church. This church is the highest ranking Orthodox cathedral in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It was built to commemorate Ethiopia's liberation from Italian occupation and is the second most important place of worship in Ethiopia, after the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion in Axum. This Cathedral was built by Emperor Halie Selassie I. you can also find the tomb of HIM Haile Selassie and his wife Empress Menen.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Addis Mercato, Kenya St, Addis Ababa null Ethiopia
Later, you drive to Mercato and visit the largest open market in Africa. (Please be advised waking in group is tough due to its crowded and chaotic situations. with the intention that to avoid inconveniences you will drive through the market.) Mercato is located covering several square miles and employing an estimated 13,000 people in 7,100 business entities. The primary merchandise passing through the Merkato is locally-grown agricultural products — most notably coffee.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Meskel Square, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
You will have a stopover at the very famous square called Meskel square, where religious and public demonstrations take place, you may meet our famous athletes doing their exercise as well.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
My bus will pick you up from your hotel not from the airport.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.