Full Day Class II-III Rafting and Canyoning Rappelling from La Fortuna-Arenal
Take hold of adventure with this rappelling/white water rafting tour! Rappel down the canyons before paddling down fun Class II-III rapids, all under the watchful eyes of your guides/instructors. Pick-up/drop-off, lunch and refreshments are included; professional photography will be available for purchase separately if you choose.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Provided equipment: tube, vest, and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This action-packed, full adrenaline Raft & Rappel combo is sure to be the highlight of your vacation!
Start your adventure with a 30 minute trek in a 4 X 4 to the tropical rainforest on the outskirts of La Fortuna in the shadow of the majestic Arenal Volcano. After gearing up and a short safety and rappelling briefing, you embark on a short hike on a trail through the rainforest. Once you arrive you will descend down the first waterfall into the spectacular canyon below, climb the side of the canyon wall, zip-line across the canyon and rappel down to the canyon floor. After a short trek out of the canyon on a magical trail, jump back in the 4x4 vehicle waiting to take you to the Balsa River. Enjoy two hours of exhilarating white water rapids including “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges” along this beautiful, tropical river. Enjoy a delightful swim, and reinvigorate yourself with fresh tropical fruits and a cold drink. At the end of the rafting trek you will enjoy a delicious Costa Rican lunch.
Departure Point :WAVE Rafting, Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels outside of the normal route may have an extra transportation charge. o Arenal Lodgeo Lost Iguanao Luna Nuevao Bosque de Chachaguao Chachagua Rainforesto Tilajario Leaves and Lizardso Observatory Lodgeo La Mansiono El Castilloo Rancho Margot.o Nuevo Arenal Hotelso Termales el Bosqueo El Tucanoo Lands in Loveo La Garza
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.