Full Day Class II-III Rafting and Zipline Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal
Set a course for adventure with this ziplining/white water rafting tour! Zip through the jungle canopy before paddling down fun Class II-III rapids, all under the watchful eyes of your guides/instructors. Pick-up/drop-off, lunch and refreshments are included; professional photography will be available for purchase separately if you choose.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Provided equipment: tube, vest and helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- This fun-filled Class II-III white water rafting tour and zipline tree-top canopy combo tour begins with pickup at your La Fortuna hotel (please note: there will be an additional charge for hotels outside the immediate La Fortuna area). The bus may stop at other hotels to pick up participants. Shoes that stay on your feet are a must, and please make sure they're appropriate. Sorry, no flip-flops allowed!. Also make sure to pack a backpack with change of clothing and toiletry articles.
Prepare for the first half of your exciting outdoor experience as guides instruct you on the ins and outs of controlling your speed on the ziplines. Soon you’ll be ready to soar across the rainforest with the assistance of well-trained canopy guides, where you'll glide along the seven most extreme zipline cables of the park. Begin with an adrenaline filled climb up an 18-meter high tower (54 feet) to fly 120 meters (360 feet) high over the canyon - the highest place in the park. You will cross a hanging bridge to the longest cable -- 980 meters (0.6 miles) -- high above La Fortuna Waterfall with great views of downtown La Fortuna. Finally you will glide across the cables at high speeds -- up to 70 km/hr (43 mph)!
At the end of this section, your guides will provide a delicious tropical fruit snack before you begin your next adventure on this combo tour. Jump back in the 4x4 vehicle waiting to take you to the Balsa River where the day’s excitement is kept alive with an action-packed ride down the Class II-III rapids of the Rio Balsa. Once you arrive at the rafting "put-in" spot on the banks of the Rio Balsa, your guides and safety kayakers will instruct you on how to paddle, the basic moves, commands and safety procedures you will need to know before you embark on a wet and exciting ride. As you raft down the beautiful Balsa River, drink in the majestic foliage of the rain forest as you watch for monkeys, sloths and toucans while you raft. Enjoy a swim, tropical fruits and cold drinks during your break from the action.
After loading the gear on the bus, you will leave for your lunch spot, which is a tour on its own. A delicious, typical lunch is served at a traditional country estate designed for guests to truly experience Costa Rica’s peaceful country life. You will come to understand the meaning of Costa Rica’s favorite saying, “Pura Vida!”
After you finish lunch, you will ride back toward the town of Fortuna. You will have plenty to talk about tonight as you recount your thrilling experiences from this day that is sure to be the highlight of your vacation in Costa Rica.
The bus will drop you back off at your La Fortuna hotel between 4 and 4:30 pm.
Departure Point :WAVE Rafting, Av. 331, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels outside of normal route may have an extra transportation charge. o Arenal Lodgeo Lost Iguanao Luna Nuevao Bosque de Chachaguao Chachagua Rainforesto Tilajario Leaves and Lizardso Observatory Lodgeo La Mansiono El Castilloo Rancho Margot.o Nuevo Arenal Hotelso Termales el Bosqueo El Tucanoo Lands in Loveo La Garza
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.