Full-Day Coffee Farm Experience at Finca El Ocaso from Salento
Colombia's Coffee Region is recognized for its strong coffee-growing tradition, colorful and ornamented architecture, and rich biodiversity. During this visit, you'll be able to learn and experience all of them at this typical coffee farm that will surprise you with its organic and tasty coffee.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Knowledgeable Guide in English or Spanish depending on the option chosen
- Coffee tasting
- Entry/Admission - Finca El Ocaso Salento
What's excluded :
- Unspecified beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salento, Salento, Quindio Department
You will be picked at your hotel in Salento to take you on a short drive outside of town to Finca El Ocaso.
Stop At: Finca El Ocaso Salento, Via Vereda Palestina Kilometro 3, 8, Salento, Quindío, Colombia
As a starting point, you will hear the story of the Coffee Region, and understand its development and culture which went hand in hand with the coffee growing economy. Get ready to discover the step by step agricultural process a coffee seed goes through until it produces high-quality coffee beans. Going on a trail surrounded by diverse plants, birds, and clean water, you will understand how this special ecosystem provides great conditions for coffee farming.
After, you will get to know the delicate selection process and treatment that follows the hand-made harvest. Finally, you will immerse into the aroma produced by different types of coffee roasting and grounding with the help of knowledgeable coffee tasters. They will guide you through a coffee tasting experience where you will learn how to recognize special flavors present in Colombian Coffee. Also, you will notice how different flavors manifest in accordance with different preparation methods.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service from Salento Hotels /Accommodations. Please enter your pick up details.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must bring comfortable clothes and shoes.
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottle.
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility impairments.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.