Full Day Czech-Sachsen Switzerland Private Tour by car
I and professional driver will pick you up at 8 am in a hotel you are staying in. It takes about 1.5 or 2 hours to get there. We travel by a private car or minivan. Wear a good hiking outfit.
Wonderful scenery with spectacular rock formations, narrow passes, view towers and mesas that stretch right up to the German boarder await your discovery. Walking through the countryside you can find Pravčická gate, the largest rock bridge in Europe and many beautiful rocky view points that tower up to the tree tops as well as the canyon of Kamenice river.
Thanks to the unique topography of the area a stay here could benefit your health. Air gets heated on the rocky cliffs and mesas. This causes strong thermal up drafts to occur. These up drafts cause a mixing of the lower atmosphere with air higher up. The air up above is clean air blown in from the North Sea. This air mixes with the hot dry thermals and creates an especially healthy mix. The area has long been known as an “air spa".
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees are not included in the price (you pay 3 EUR per each boat trip) in the winter time from 1st of November till April 3rd the boats are not running, we will visit Bastei Bridge or Tisa on the German side instead
- Lunch is not included in the price (avaiable to buy)
- Entry/Admission - Edmundova soutEska
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Czech - Saxon Switzerland, Edmund's Gorge, Hrensko Czech Republic
This tour takes 10 hours. Make sure you wear comfortable hiking shoes for an oudoor activities. It also might rain sometimes.
We will walk along the left bank of the Kamenice river and across the first bridge and through the stone gate. We will eventually come to places where the path winds under natural and carved rock overhangs. After a while you'll get to the quay for ferries over weir. On the opposite bank you can clearly see the wooden salmon crossing.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Edmundova soutEska, Hrensko 405 02 Czech Republic
We get onto the ferry and enjoy the ride through the Wild Gorge, which is only half as long as the Edmund Gorge and with less traffic, as there are only two boats. We’ve reached our destination, and continue from here on foot. The bridge then takes us across to the right bank. At the signpost we leave the yellow route and follow the blue markers up to Mezní Louka, where our car is waiting for us and where we can have lunch.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kamenice, 405 02 Hřensko, Czechia
We get onto the ferry and enjoy the ride through the Wild Gorge, which is only half as long as the Edmund Gorge and with less traffic, as there are only two boats. We’ve reached our destination, and continue from here on foot. The bridge then takes us across to the right bank.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mezní Louka, 405 02 Hřensko, Czechia
At the signpost we leave the yellow route and follow the blue markers up to Mezní Louka, where our car is waiting for us and where we can have lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pravcicka brana - Sokoli hnizdo, Hrensko 82, Hrensko 407 17 Czech Republic
Our next stop is Pravčice Gate, symbol of the Bohemian Switzerland. The territory of the National Park – the youngest of the Czech Republic’s four national parks–forms a part of the larger territory of the Elbe Sandstones, which has been called Czech and Saxon Switzerland for nearly two centuries. A part of the credit for this romantic name goes to Adrian Zingg and Anton Graff, two Swiss painters and teacher at the Dresden Academy in the mid - 18th century. They travelled along the Elbe to visit places between Pirna and Hřensko, and their paintings became the basis of the local veduta works and for the promotion of the beauties of nature. Starting in the second half of the 19th century, the area became very popular, which was supported by the owners of the land, the Kinský and Clary-Aldringen families, by making accessible to tourists the most interesting locations such as the Kamenice River Canyon, Pravčice Gate or the lookouts near Jetřichovice, the Kamenice Gorge.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Prague Marriott Hotel, V Celnici 8, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travellers from the hotel or an airbnb accommodation. We just need to know an exact address and name of the hotel.Airports
- Prague-Ruzyne Airport, Aviaticka, Prague Czech Republic
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual, good outdoor outfit and hiking shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, might also rain
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.