Full-day Delhi Guided City Tour
Take a private 8-hour tour of New and Old Delhi to discover the highlights of India’s capital city. Travel with your guide in an air-conditioned car to UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, the Red Fort, and Jama Masjid. You'll also get a comprehensive introduction to Delhi with commentary from your guide about the city's history and culture, and visits to monuments including India Gate, Parliament Street, and Lotus Temple. Includes private guide and driver, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private tour
- Packaged mineral water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or airport in the morning and take you to meet your tour guide. You will head out to visit the tomb of the Mughal emperor, Humayun. The tomb, located in Nizamuddin East, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, and was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After, visit Qutab Minar, a soaring 73 meter tower, and the tallest brick minaret in the world. It was built in 1193 by Qutub-ud-din Aibak immediately after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom, and is also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The expected length of the visit is 45-minutes.
Next up is the Lotus Temple (closed on Mondays), the last of seven major Bahai temples, and built in 1986 out of pure white marble. Around the blooming petals are nine pools of water which light up in natural light. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
After the Lotus Temple visit you’ll be taken toward your luxurious lunch in the multi-cuisine, fully air-conditioned restaurant where you can get all the delicious flavors and delicacies of the city (at own expense).
Next, visit Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, with its courtyard capable of holding 25,000 devotees. It was begun in 1650 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, and more than 5,000 workers toiled for six years to complete it. The expected length of the visit is 30-minutes.
At the center of New Delhi stands the 42 meter India Gate, an Arc-de-Triomphe-like archway in the middle of a crossroad. It was built as a memorial to the 70,000 India soldiers killed in World War I. The gate was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and completed in 1931. The expected length of the visit is 15-minutes.
After the gate, head to the Red Fort, constructed in 1648 by the 5th Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, and the residence of the emperor for about 200 years, until 1857. The Red Fort’s innovative architectural style, including its garden design, influenced later buildings and gardens in Delhi. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007. The expected length of the visit is an hour.
In the evening you will be taken back your hotel, or airport, along with your cherished memories of the Delhi sightseeing tour.
Departure Point :Delhi Airport or Hotel in Delhi / Gurgaon
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Delhi Airport or Hotel in Delhi / Gurgaon
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Ages 12 and under free
- Red Fort Close on Every Monday
- Note: This is a suggested itinerary that completes in 8-9 hours. May be customized as per your schedule.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.