Full Day Delhi Tour by Metro Train
Explore Old Delhi like a local aboard its modern underground metro system. You'll visit hot spots including the Red Fort, a beautiful Mughal palace dominated by red sandstone. YOu'll also get to see the Jama Masjid, a gargantuan mosque commissioned by the same emperor responsible for the Taj Mahal, as well as bustling Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi's most charming market area.
• Explore like a local, on the metro (tickets included in rates)
• A knowledgeable tour guide will show you the best of Old Delhi
• Monument fee
• Buffet Lunch
• See Old Delhi's most impressive attractions and markets
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Tour by Metro Train
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Start your journey by metro to visit Delhi's most famous attractions.
Your first stop will be Red Fort, built as the fortified palace, it was the residence of Mughal Emperor's for nearly 200 years until 1857. It is located in the center of Delhi and houses a number of museums. In addition to accommodating the emperors & their households, it was the ceremonial & political center of Mughal Government and the setting of events critically impacting the region.
Your next stop will be Jamia Masjid. This building is a relic of architectural & cultural heritage. It lies in the heart of the town. The architects for this masjid were Iranian engineers headed by Malli Sandal.
The following stop will be at Chandni Chowk. It is the perfect place to shop in. This densely populated market has been around for more than three centuries and was once visited by merchants from Turkey, China and even Holland. You may buy souvenirs from here. The Dariba Kalan within the market is known for its pearl, gold and silver jewelry and attar (natural perfumes). Gulab Singh Johri Mal, established in 1819, is a well-known manufacturer and exporter of attar. A visit to Khari Baoli is a must for the spice-lover — don't forget spices are what connected India to the west. Kinari Bazaar is the best place to look for zari and zardozi trimmings and tinsel. The cloth bazaar of Katra Neel offers all kinds of fabrics such as silks, satin, crepe, cotton and muslin. Bhagirath Palace is Asia's largest market for electrical goods and also offers medical equipment and allopathic medicines. Moti Bazaar is famous for shawls and pearls and Tilak Bazaar for chemicals.
End this tour taking a train back to the same departure point or city center.
Departure Point :Hotel in Delhi or Airport
Return Detail :Hotel in Delhi or Airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.