Full-Day Devil's Nose Train and Ingapirca Ruins Tour from Cuenca
One of the finest and most daring feats of engineering that the world had seen, The Devil Nose train switchbacks down rocky slopes connecting the Andes mountains to the coast. In this tour not only will you get to ride The Devil Nose train, but also visit Ingapirca, the most important remains from the Incas in Ecuador.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Licensed tour Guide/Driver
- Lunch in local restaurant (If option selected)
- All taxes, handling charges
What's excluded :
- Train Tickets $33 adult, $25 seniors and children
- Entrance fee to Ingapirca $2 each
- Entry/Admission - The Devil's Nose Train Ride
- Entry/Admission - Ingapirca Ruins
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Devil's Nose Train Ride, Estacion de Alausi, Riobamba 060150 Ecuador
Experience two of the most interesting destinations in our country. After hotel pick up you will travel to Alausi, a little town considered a national heritage. In this charming town you will take the train known as "The Devil’s Nose". In its day it was considered one of the greatest feats of engineering that the world had seen. This railway was built in 1899 with the intent of linking the coastal city of Guayaquil with the highlands capital of Quito. This amazing ride traverses and descends an almost perpendicular mountain face by using switchbacks. Many lives were lost in the construction of this extraordinary railway.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ingapirca Ruins, Ingapirca 030356 Ecuador
Our trip continues on the Pan-American Highway to Ingapirca, which is the major Inca archeological site in Ecuador. You will have the chance to appreciate one of the most important Inca structures, an elliptical platform known as the “Sun’s Temple”. Courtyards, terraces and various other ruins are found here as well.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Cuenca Bestours Tour Operator, 1-75, Alfonso Moreno Mora, Cuenca 010150, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs at 7:20 AM from Cuenca Bestours office. We offer pick-ups at any centrally located hotels or address in Cuenca as well.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- All bookings are subject to Ferrocarriles del Ecuador availability.
- Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free/Lactose Free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infant meals not included
- Train tickets are not included due to different rates for locals, foreigners, adults and seniors. However, we can book them for you and you can pay in cash at the pick up.
- For 1 to 6 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 6 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.