Full-Day Dougga & Bulla Regia Private Tour from Tunis
Dougga is the pinnacle of the Roman presence in Tunisia and looks out majestically over the hills. What perhaps makes it so aesthetically pleasing is its geography – perched on high, it is a picture of verdancy and her stone columns stand proudly against the green countryside. It occupies an unusual position for a Roman town because its origins date back well before the Romans, in fact, it was a Numidian stronghold and enjoyed great prosperity through Masinissa, its ruler.
Bulla Regia is a remarkable Roman city, in northwestern Tunisia, near the modern city of Jendouba. It is celebrated for its semi-subterranean housing, a feature that most likely was a response to the need for protection against excessive heat in summer and the cold in winter. The experience of exploring complete, superbly preserved villas is quite incredible; Bulla Regia remains a unique Roman city in having two-storey dwellings with one floor underground.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your Tunis centrally located hotel
- Lunch - Lunch in Dougga
- Transport by air-conditioned private car
- Entrance fees to Dougga and Bulla Regia
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in other cities
- Depart from your Tunis centrally located accommodation for Dougga and visit the pinnacle of the Roman presence in Tunisia. the visit to Dougga invariably begins with the Theatre, whose splendor is unchallenged by its nearness to the car park. Built-in 168 AD by one of the town’s wealthier occupants, Marcus Quadratus, the Theatre can seat up to 3,500 people.
It is from here that you find the residential quarter, Temples, and extensive Licinian Baths, and there are some choice spots down here to photograph the Capitol.
Continue on to Bulla Regia where you will have the experience of exploring complete, superbly preserved villas is quite incredible; Bulla Regia remains a unique Roman city in having two-storey dwellings with one floor underground.
Enjoy lunch before concluding your tour with a return back to the hotel in Tunis.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up (free of charge) from any hotel in Tunis.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.