Full-Day Everglades Naturalist-Led Adventure: Cruise, Hike, and Airboat
Explore the real Everglades on a full-day guided tour, led by an experienced master naturalist. Take a 1-hour, guided boat tour of the beautiful 10,000 Islands. Chance to see bird species: like roseate spoonbills, white pelicans, and ospreys. See manatees and dolphins up close. Go on a 1-hour dry nature hike led by a master naturalist, where you will immerse yourself in incredible wildlife and rare plants and orchids, under a canopy of huge cypress trees. Hold onto your hat on an exhilarating 1-hour air boat ride, the best in the Glades. Discover the remote beauty of a Native American tree island village where they used to live, one can only get to by boat. Witness alligators and other wildlife where they should be spotted, in the wild, and up close! Enjoy a narrated scenic wildlife spotting drive through Big Cypress. Visit a historic trading post and other intriguing cultural and ecological stops. A delicious lunch is included. Truly personalized, authentic and amazing experience!
per adult from
570 to 600 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Delicious local lunch, including vegetarian and gluten free options
- Snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, water, and sparkling water
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off or designated meeting points
- Drop off at airports in time for flight home
- Free luggage storage
- master naturalist guide
- sunscreen, insect repellent (in case needed), ponchos (just in case) and binoculars for guest use
- Wild Lime eco-canteens as our gift
- National Park maps to keep
- Entry/Admission - Shark Valley
- Entry/Admission - Big Cypress National Preserve
- Entry/Admission - Oasis Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Big Cypress Swamp Welcome Center
- Entry/Admission - Smallwood Store
- Entry/Admission - Clyde Butcher's Big Cypress Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Loop Road
- Entry/Admission - Havana Café of the Everglades
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wild Lime Adventures, 3601 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019-3811
This round-trip tour begins with a pickup from just about your hotel or other location in Miami, Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale areas (some restrictions apply). We can also arrange for pick up and drop off from Port Miami, with drop offs at both Port Miami and Port Everglades cruise ports and both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports. We can store your luggage for the day - no extra charge.
Pass By: Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida
Enjoy pick up and return to beautiful Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. See the area like a native with your experienced local guide. He/she will invite you to step back in time, while seeing today's city, as you head west out of town.
Pass By: Miami, Miami, Florida
Enjoy the scenic narrated drive through Miami with your local guide. See Miami through the eyes of a Native. Learn about the Miami of the past, and see what it's become today.
Stop At: Miccosukee Indian Village, US Hwy 41 Mile Marker 36, Tamiami Trail, Tamiami, FL 33194
The boat captain guide for the guided 1-hour boat trip in the 10,000 Islands is a multi-generational native to the region, who knows the area like no one else. Feel the beauty of this remote area in the saltwater section of the National Park. Experience pods of dolphins, manatees, roseatte spoonbills, white pelicans, osprey and much more wildlife.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shark Valley, 36000 SW 8th Street. Miami, FL, Everglades National Park, FL 33194
Go on a 1-hour air boat ride that way out far from land in the River of Grass. This is your chance to see the endangered Everglades snail kite, large and small alligators, and much more; all where it should be experienced, up close and in the wild! Visit a Native tree island village or two where they used to live. You can only get there by boat and on this tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Big Cypress National Preserve, 33100 Tamiami Trl E, Ochopee, FL 34141-1000
Go on a nature walk led by your experienced naturalist in this pristine National Preserve that contains 5 of the 9 ecosystems found in the real Everglades. This beautiful walk will have you immersed in the unique flora and fauna of this region. The chance to go on a second walk in a different location as well. Take a remote scenic narrated drive, with a few stops to get out and experience wildlife, led by your experienced naturalist guide in the remote sections of this vast wilderness; which is home to the Florida panther, black bear, wild boar, Osceola turkey, white-tail deer, Florida bobcat, American alligator, an incredible array of bird species, and more.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Oasis Visitor Center, 52105 Tamiami Trl E, Ochopee, FL 34141-2044
Big alligators live here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Big Cypress Swamp Welcome Center, 33000 Tamiami Trl E, Ochopee, FL 34141-2083
Great spot to potentially see manatees.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Smallwood Store, 360 Mamie St. Everglades National Park area, Chokoloskee, FL 34138
Go back in time in this historic trading post, listed on the National Register of historic places. Learn about the rugged and authentic history of a time when only a few white settlers arrived, to trade with the Seminoles. Still owned by the same family today, ask questions about the lore of Old Florida.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Clyde Butcher's Big Cypress Gallery, 52388 Tamiami Trl E, Ochopee, FL 34141-2046
Unique photography. Unique story.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Loop Road, Big Cypress National Preserve Ochopee, Ochopee, FL 34141-2083
Beautiful, remote, wildlife and wild history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Havana Café of the Everglades, 191 Smallwood Dr, Chokoloskee, FL 34138, USA
Enjoy a wonderful lunch of many different Cuban and American food classics. Much of what is on the menu is homemade.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Miccosukee - Resort & Gaming, 500 SW 177th Ave, Miami, FL 33194, USA
2: Miccosukee Indian Village Gift Shop, Mile Marker 36, US-41, Miami, FL 33194, USA
3: 400 Gulfstream Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels and other locations in many Miami, Hollywood, and Ft. Lauderdale areas and neighborhoods. We also pick up from Port Miami ---- We can drop off at Port Miami and Port Everglades. We do not pick up at Port Everglades for shared tours at this time. We can drop off at Miami Airport and Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We can provide a convenient meet up location for anyone coming from outside our pick up areas, including those coming from the Keys, Homestead, and other south Miami-Dade County locations. We can provide a convenient meet up location for those coming from north or west of our pick up range in Ft. Lauderdale. For shared tours, we may not be able to pick up north of Sunrise Blvd. or west of I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale. We provide free luggage stowage. Some guests may decide to be dropped off at the airport, cruise port, or at a different location or hotel at the conclusion of the tour. There is no extra charge for this service, as long as it is within our transportation zone. We assume that guests will be returning to the same pick up or meet up location at the end of the tour unless they make other arrangements with us ahead of time. We are usually able to provide a broader range of transportation for private tours. The standard pick up time is about 7:15 or 7:30 a.m. However, we will message you the afternoon before the tour to provide you with the exact pick up time. This time will typically be a 10 minute window of time. Please make sure to be ready at the location and visible (somewhere near the front doors of the hotel, for example) prior to that pick up window. Thank you.Ports
- Port Miami, 1015 N America Way #2, Miami, FL 33132, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies with 1 paying adult
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are also available for lunch
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Covid-19 procedures: We will be limiting the number of people on our shared tours to 6 per vehicle. We will be vigorously cleaning and wiping down everything in each vehicle after after every tour and following CDC guidelines for many other procedures as well. We will provide hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes for guests as they enter the vehicle and will be requiring a mask to be worn by everyone for the transportation part of our tours
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are limiting the number of guests in our vehicles for our small group shared tours to 6 (the previous max was 14). Masks worn by both guests and guides are required for the transportation parts of the tour. There is plenty of social distancing while participating in outdoor activities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.