Full Day Excursion to Cafayate from Salta
Impressive views of Valles Calchaqui will accompany you all the way.
Visit winery in Cafayate with tasting of locally produced wines
Get to know the high altitude vineyards and taste the authentic Argentine wine "torrontes".
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit to the winery in Cafayate
- Entry/Admission - Bodega El Esteco
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cafayate, Cafayate, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
Cafayate is a town in the province of Salta, in northwestern Argentina. It is located in the Calchaquíes valleys, an area known for its reddish rock formations. There are several vineyards in the area and, in the town, the Museum of Vine and Wine explains the production process of this product. Near the town square is the Rodolfo Bravo Regional and Archaeological Museum, with objects from local excavations, and the 19th century Cathedral of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Calchaqui Valleys, Salta Argentina
The Calchaquí valley is bathed by the Calchaquí river that runs through the valley from north to south and, further south, by the Santa María river from south to north. Both converge next to the town of Cafayate forming the Las Conchas river.
The Calchaquí Valley in all its extension, is strewn with ancient towns and pre-Columbian and colonial sites, largely intact, such as Cachi, Amaicha del Valle, Santa María, Cafayate, San Carlos, Angastaco, Molinos, Seclantás, among others.
Stop At: La Garganta del Diablo, Ruta Nacional 68, Cafayate Argentina
The Devil's Throat is not one of the Quebrada de las Conchas formations, it is the most surprising.
The huge reddish rock walls form a vertical tube similar to the devil's mouth.
At the end of the tube you can see the blue sky of Cafayate.
It is a must stop on the way to Cafayate to admire this work of nature.
References on how it originated inform us that 15 million years ago the sea entered the continent for the last time leaving behind the landscape as we admire it today, the erosion of wind and water also contributed its own.
Fossil remains of seashells and fish have been found.
It is worth stopping and touring the Devil's Throat, you can climb its walls very carefully.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bodega El Esteco, Ruta Nacional 40 y 68, Cafayate 4427 Argentina
In Cafayate, the heart of the Calchaquí Valleys, surrounded by a beautiful natural landscape carved by the sun, mountains and vineyards, is El Esteco. A winery that has a strong respect for the Salta tradition, a fusion between the legacy of ancient civilizations, the Hispanic influence and the Creole spirit.
Located on the legendary Route 40, the estate receives its visitors on a farm of approximately 480 hectares. The landscape that one finds crossing when entering is worth photographing: an imposing and incomparable horizon where vineyards and trellises follow one another that seem to extend beyond sight and make way for a long stone path. In the background and guarded by the mountains is the characteristic colonial building of the winery.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.