Full Day Experience: San Gimignano & Siena Guided Tour from Florence
Spend a day touring the idyllic countryside of Chianti, Tuscany by private coach, stopping to explore the UNESCO World Heritage towns of Siena and San Gimignano. Cutting down on waiting with Skip-the-Line Access at the busiest sites, you’ll have time for guided tours, time to yourself, and even a sample of local wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert, English-speaking tour leader throught the day
- 1 hour guided tour in Siena with local guide
- Tasting of local wine
- Round trip transportation on air conditioned comfortable bus
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
Boarding the air-conditioned coach in Florence, you’ll meet your tour leader, who’ll be your guide for the whole trip. As you pass through the rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves of the Chianti region, they’ll tell you what to look out for at each stop.
Your first port of call is the medieval town of Siena, where the Palio horse race has been held biannually since the 17th century. A local guide will join you for a tour through the red-brick streets to the Duomo di Siena. Behind this impressive cathedral’s exquisite marble façade, you’ll find sculptures by none other than a young Michelangelo. With Skip-the-Line Access, you’ll gain time to breathe it all in before the tour continues to the Piazza del Campo where, twice a year, Palio jockeys compete fiercely – and not always fairly – for victory. As your guide shares stories of equestrian skill and subterfuge, you’ll easily be able to imagine hoofbeats ringing from the stones of the piazza.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Historic Centre of San Gimignano, Piazza del Duomo 2, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
Back aboard the coach, you’ll spot the unmistakable tower houses of San Gimignano on the skyline from far away. Everything within the walls of this medieval town is yours to explore – ask your tour leader for directions to the best examples of medieval architecture, or the best gelato. Just remember to rejoin the group for your complimentary glass of Chianti wine and nibbles!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza dell'Unità Italiana, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazzale Montelungo, Firenze FI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.