Full Day Fishing and Mayan Temple Experience
Your day starts with pick up at your desired location in Belize City. You will go fishing on the New River Lagoon for about 2 hours then you will be headed to the mystical temples of Lamanai which are a must see and must do adventure while visiting Belize. Located in the Orange Walk District, along the New River Banks, Lamanai is today considered one of the longest continuously occupied site in Mesoamerica. It was a large trading area as it has close proximity to Guatemala on the west and Mexico to the north. After your visit to the Mayan temples, you will head back to AyinHa where a delicious lunch will be waiting for you!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Lamanai Archaeological Reserve
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up from your hotel or port at 7:30 am and head to AyinHa in the Lemonal Village. Here you will board your private fishing boat and ride a long Harry Jones Creek unto the Rio Nuevo Lagoon. After you have fished for a bit, you will then be taken to the majestic Mayan temple of Lamanai. Here you will enjoy a full site guided tour. After touring the temple, you will be served a delicious lunch at AyinHa Eco Park.
Shortly after relaxing for a bit at AyinHa, your guide will transfer you to your hotel in Belize city or port.
The New River Lagoon (Rio Nuevo Lagoon) has an abundance of fresh river fish to include base snook, tarpon, tilapia, channel cat fish and 7 types of cichlid fish to name a few.
The Ancient Mayan Temple of Lamanai is located along the river banks of The New River, Orange Walk District, Belize. Known as the longest continuously occupied site in all of MesoAmerica. Lamanai pronounced Lama'an/ayin means "submerged crocodile." The structures found at Lamanai are some of the oldest in Belize and many believe that this site was of moderate in size dated as early as 1500 BC.
Departure Point :Belize City hotels and port
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.