Full-Day Gable Island Eco-Adventure in the Beagle Channel
The most encompassing full day tour in Ushuaia. This is a full day journey into the almost uninhabited, peaceful lands of the first "estancia" in Tierra del Fuego: Harberton Ranch. Among many wild and pristine places, we will visit the penguin rookery at Martillo island. The plan for the day is quite active: we will go hiking, navigating, and rowing in inflatable canoes on the Beagle Channel! Gable Island is one of the wildest and most beautiful places in Tierra del Fuego.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Estancia Harberton
- Entry/Admission - Acatushun Museum
- Entry/Admission - Isla Martillo
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Canal Fun & Nature, Calle Pte Gral J a Roca 136, Ushuaia V9410DHD Argentina
From our office, or from your hotel, we leave Ushuaia to visit the eastern part of the peninsula. The attractions we will enjoy during the activities we propose will make for a unique experience of the wildest area in the Beagle Channel.
Stop At: Bahía Brown, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
This place offers the first glimpse to a very different area when compared with others to the West, be it Ushuaia or the National Park. We are now close to the starting point of our canoeing activity!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Río Lasifashaj, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Starting from the river's mouth, we will go slowly downstream into the Beagle Channel paddling in our very safe and stable canoes (inflatable rafts). This experience is to be lived instead of written about!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Estancia Harberton, Ruta J Km 45 Canal de Beagle, Ushuaia 9410 Argentina
After the canoeing activity on the Beagle Channel, we will arrive to Harberton Ranch for a quick look around the main house area in our way to Gable Island.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Acatushun Museum, Estancia Harberton, Ushuaia Argentina
As an alternative activity to that of the canoeing on the Beagle Channel, you can go with us directly to the main house area at Harberton Ranch. There, you can visit the museum before rejoining the others.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Isla Martillo, Ushuaia Argentina
Our stop here will add to this full-day active and adventurous tour the opportunity to see the penguins on the beach, from a ver close distance, a few metres away from our boat docked on the beach.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Gable Island, Argentina
This is the place where you will get to see what's the end of the world all about. During the next hours we will go for a hike in a pristine landscape, after an excellent lunch cooked on site.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This tour does not pick up travelers from the airport. For any changes in itineraryor schedule, please consider the private tour option.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian, vegan, and coeliac options available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Cruise passengers cannot join this regular tour, and must choose a private service instead, so as to accommodate to the cruise's schedule.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For any changes in itinerary or schedule, please consider the private tour option.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.