Full-Day Gramvousa and Balos Tour from Rethymno
An intriguing history surrounding by azure waters! This is an opportunity to see the rare geological formations of the Western coast of Crete, combined with a visit to the island of Gramvousa, famous for its pirate castle and the lagoon of Balos across from it.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up/Drop off with air-conditioned luxury bus from select spots in Rethymno
- Pre-recorded guiding on board
- English and German speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Boat tickets to Gramvousa and back (28 € per adult, 13.5 € per child)
- Municipality fee (1 € for adults, free for children)
- Personal expenses, extra beverages or meals
- Customary tips to your driver and escort
- Food and refreshments provided in the vessel are not included in the price
- Entry/Admission - Balos Lagoon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gramvousa, Gramvousa, Chania Prefecture, Crete
After we pick you up from various locations around Rethymno we will drive through West Crete until we reach the Kissamos port. From there we will sail to the port on Gramvousa, passing by the huge cave believed to be the ancient shipyard of Tarsanas. At the end of the Gulf you will notice an impressive geological phenomenon cause by catastrophic earthquakes that took place more than 2000 years ago.
After approximately 1 hour, the boat arrives at the port of Gramvousa. On top of a steep rock on the highest point of the island, lays the Venetian castle built during the late 16th century. Surrounded by a wall that still stands today, it has a rough triangular shape and is rumoured to house hidden pirate treasures from the previous centuries. It is well worth the 10 minutes hike it takes to get there.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Balos Lagoon, Kissamos, Crete 734 00 Greece
You will have plenty of time to explore the island and swim in its coast before we board the boat that will take us to the Balos lagoon. Fantastic azure waters fill the lagoon creating an rare amalgamation of serenity and ild natural beauty. Make sure to have a camera with you and take photos that will make even your most well-traveled friends jealous!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly advise your accommodation in order to send you the exact pick up time and point.
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Remember to bring the following items: sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, camera, swimsuit and beach towel
- You are advised to bring appropriate shoes for the hike up to Gramvousa Castle
- Rubbish disposal as well as removing seashells from the beach is prohibited
- The Municipality and both fee are paid on the spot with cash
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Protective masks are required on the bus due to Covid-19 protocols
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.