Full-Day Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Tour from Melbourne
Explore the Great Ocean Road and the 12 Apostles without the crowds. This tour includes all the highlights of a standard tour but goes to the Apostles and Shipwreck coast in the morning instead of the afternoon allowing you to avoid the masses.
See the 12 Apostles before most people arrive
Spot some wild koalas
Marvel at awe-inspiring coastal views
per adult from
What's included :
- Morning tea and lunch
- Friendly and informative Tour Guide
- Koala spotting in the wild
- All National Park fees
- Audio translation service available (in 10 languages)
What's excluded :
- Additional snacks and beverages
- Optional helicopter flights over the 12 apostles
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Ocean Road, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
Start the day early from the Melbourne CBD and settle in. Go inland for the morning which is going to bring you out on the Shipwreck Coast before the rest of the tour buses. Here is where you will find the infamous 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and Gibson Steps. The best part? Less people! Take in these world-renowned sites without being caught in the hussle and bussle of the masses. Getting to the 12 Apostles in the morning provides additional colours in the large limestone stacks not seen in the afternoon. Hear the story of Loch Ard and step down into the gorge that has been carved away by the Southern Ocean over hundreds of years, Arguably more stunning than the Apostles themselves. Enjoy a picnic lunch at one of these breath-taking spots.
After taking in this spectacular coastline drive back along the Great Ocean Road. Wave at all the other busses as they all pass by in the opposite direction as the road begins to run away from the coast line through the Otway ranges. It is now time to stretch your legs on a magical guided rainforest walk amongst some of the tallest tree species in the world. A short drive sees the road and ocean meet once again in the seaside town of Apollo Bay. For the rest of the journey the road will twist along the coast, offering spectacular ocean, beach and cliff views. Along this beautiful section of the Great Ocean Road you’ll stop at the small town of Kennett River where your guide will help you spot wild koalas in their natural habitat amongst the eucalyptus trees. Pass through small sea side towns as you continue and make a stop at Memorial Arch, also known as The Great Ocean Road sign, commemorating the workers that built the road. Make your way to start of the road (or end of the road on this reverse tour) for a pizza dinner in the town of Torquay, the perfect way to end the journey along the Great Ocean Road before making the trip back to Melbourne.
Duration: 13 hours
Departure Point :188 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.