Full Day Guided El Yunque Rainforest Adventure
Island Journeys has put together an itinerary that is the perfect combination of hiking, nature, water activities, fun information, and relaxation. This Adventure is led by passionate local tour guides eager to share the beauty, culture and natural wonders of their island with visitors from all around the world.
El Yunque is without a doubt Puerto Rico’s greatest Natural Wonder. It is the only Tropical Rainforest, and the most studied Forest, in the United States National Forest System. It is the most biologically diverse forest, hosting hundreds of plants and animals, some only found here in Puerto Rico!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Local Tour Guests with Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid Certification
- Pictures from your Adventure
- Eco Interpretation throughout the Rainforest Trails
- Refresh in Beautiful Natural Swimming Pools and Waterfalls
- Slide Down a Natural Water Slide!
- Rope Swing into the River
- Jump from Different Rock Formations
- Fresh Local Fruit, Snacks & Refreshments
- All Necessary Equipment
- Training and Safety Instructions prior to Tour
- Stop at Local Restaurant for Dinner (not included in price)
- Round Trip Transportation from Accommodation or Assigned Pick Up Location
- Rainforest Entry Fee
What's excluded :
Island Journeys has put together an itinerary that is the perfect combination of hiking, nature, water activities, fun information, and relaxation; led by passionate local tour guides eager to share with you their island!
After an interpretive hike through natural trails lined with beautiful flora and fauna, and some river wading and small climbs, we will arrive to a hidden gem found in the heart of the rainforest. This breathtaking segment of the 29,000 acre forest is like a natural playground. Here you will have the chance to swim in the natural pools, refresh in waterfalls, slide down an exhilarating waterslide, rope swing into the river, jump from different rock formations, and enjoy fresh local fruit with a view. Along with all of this excitement, you will also have time to simply relax to the sounds of cascading waters and take in the beauty of this very special place.
By this time you have worked up an appetite! After our Rainforest Adventure, we will complete the day by making a stop for late lunch/early dinner at a local restaurant for you to enjoy Puerto Rican Cuisine (not included in the price & optional for guests with their own transportation).
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the above list of hotels. If your hotel/accommodation is not listed, please select the nearest hotel and meet us there or contact us for an assigned meeting location.Alternative Pick Up Locations:- Pick ups from Old San Juan are at the Sheraton Old San Juan (meet in front of Walgreens)- Pick ups from Isla Verde are at the Intercontinental Hotel San Juan- Pick ups from Ocean Park are at Kasalta Bakery- Pick ups from Condado are at La Concha- Pick ups from Fajardo and Humacao are at CVS Fajardo- Pick ups from Luquillo are at Walgreens LuquilloPick Up Times- Pick ups in San Juan are generally between 8:00am and 9:00am- Pick ups on the East coast are generally between 10:15am and 11:15amWhat to Wear & Bring• Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion)• Closed-toe shoes that can get wet/dirty, have good grip for hiking on wet surfaces, and provide comfort and support (no sandals, water shoes, or flip flops)• Bathing suit (already have on)• Comfortable hiking clothes that can get completely wet/dirty• Towel and change of clothes• Water bottle to refill throughout the day (provided if you do not have one)• Money for dinnerItems can be left in vehicle during Rainforest TourDinner Note: It is important that you eat a good breakfast prior to your pick up. Dinner will be around 4:00pm. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided on Rainforest Tour.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with neck, back, arm or leg problems or casts
- Not recommended for travelers with recent surgeries
- Not recommended for travelers who have epilepsy, heart conditions and/or dizziness
- The difficulty level of this excursion is considered to be moderate to strenuous depending on your physical fitness level. It is very important that you are in good physical condition in order to participate and enjoy yourself. The terrain in the rainforest can be muddy, slippery, uneven and include river-wading, climbing large rocks and steep inclines. This excursion is recommended for guests with an active lifestyle.
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Important Note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By participating on this activity, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.