Full day hike through Choquechaca, arriving in Pumamarca - private
Take a walk that showcases the natural and cultural wealth of the Sacred
Valley. In the morning, you are picked up from the hotel in Cusco towards
Pallata, making a short stop in Ollantaytambo. The walk to Choquechaca
begins with an ascent from the town of Pallata (3100 masl) through several
ecological floors that display magnificent changes in the colors of the
flora and fauna thanks to the cloud forest phenomenon, where the humidity of
the valley is retained and drizzles all year. In Choquechaca (3800 masl),
meet the kind families that live in this small town, its traditions and
culture. Then, enjoy a box lunch on site. On the way back, take a detour to
Pumamarca, the Inca archaeological site with the largest number of platforms
throughout the valley. Finally, transportation takes you back to your hotel.
Maximum altitude: Choquechaca 12467 feet / 3800 masl
Walking distance: 4.3 miles / 7 km
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Pickup and drop-off
- Box lunch
- Admission to Pumamarca
- First Aid Kit
What's excluded :
- Walking sticks
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Choqechaka, Cusco 08002, Peru
To visit Choquechaca is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Andean culture. Once in town, locals do not hesitate to share with visitors a demonstrations of their daily activities such as weaving.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Pumamarca Ruins, Patacancha Valley, Ollantaytambo 08675 Peru
Pumamarca is an archaeological site composed of platforms, roads, canals, and others. It is located on a hill from where you can see the union of the Patacancha and Yuracmayo rivers.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Cusco downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity.
- Maximum altitude: Choquechaca 12467 feet / 3800 m.a.s.l. - Walking distance: 4.3 miles / 7 km
- Travel accessories: sunglasses and retainer strap, sun block and lip balm, toiletry kit, small washcloth, personal first-aid kit.
- It is recommended to bring local currency (peruvian Sol), for drinks, snacks, tips and souvenirs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.