Full-Day Hiking Adventure in Pisgah National Forest
This is one of my favorite hikes in the Asheville area. It is remote and beautiful! This is a local's ony hike that you will not find in a guide book. I discovered this while leading trips for Outward Bound. The hike is a perfect challenge for anyone up for an exhilarating experience with amazing views of Pisgah National Forest. We will use ropes on three sections to assist up the steep sections but we will descend off the back side of the mountain that is gradual. I promise it be be one of the best hikes you will find here in Asheville!
per adult from
What's included :
- Rope for handline and a First Aid Kit
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Bring a lunch to have on the summit.
- Alcoholic Beverages - We can stop at Oskar Blues brewery in Brevard after the hike for a victory beer if you would like!
It is a 2 mile hike to the summit with 1600' of elevation gain. We will hike through the beautiful Pisgah Forest as we gain altitude. There are three sections that require easy scrambling over the rock. I will set up a rope to assist you up and down those sections. As we ascend those sections the views become breath taking. The view from the top is like a postcard. This is a hike that the general public rarely discovers. The hand lines that I will set up for you will keep the challenge to a minimum. Once we arrive at the top, we will soak in the view, eat some snacks and capture some pictures to share with your friends. The descent is a nice place walk that does not require any ropes and offers new views. A 4 mile round trip hike. After the hike, we can stop at Oskar Blues brewery for a victory beer if you like!
• Looking Glass Falls, Hwy 276, Pisgah Forest, NC
• Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Forest, NC
Departure Point :Walmart, 177 Forest Gate Dr, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768, USA
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.