Full Day Jerusalem Tour: In Jesus' Steps
Walk in Jesus' steps on this tour. In this tour your will visit many significant places that are mentioned in the Bible.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your tour starts on the Mount of Olives at the Church of the Ascension, where you will meet your guide. Mount of Olives, Church of Ascension marks the spot where Jesus ascended to heaven and there is a rock with an imprinted footprint thought to be where Jesus stood before his ascension.
Next you will visit the Church of the Pater Noster where Jesus taught the Lord’s Prayer. There are plaques on the walls with the Lord’s Prayer written in more than a hundred languages. Visit the grotto where Jesus would have taught, which is also where Jesus told his disciples of the eminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming. During your time at the Mount of Olives, you will have a breathtaking view of the Temple Mount, the Old City and the City of David.
You will also see the Dominus Flevit. The church was built to commemorate the site where Jesus wept over the fate of Jerusalem. You will visit the Franciscan church designed by the famous Antonio Barluzzi. Next is without a doubt one of the most impressive sites in Jerusalem and one of the most moving moments in the last days of Jesus, Gethsemane or Church of all Nations. This is the church Jesus prayed alone to God.
Next up on the tour is the Grotto of Gethsemane. The cave is decorated by Crusader frescoes and graffiti. Afterwards see the Tomb of the Virgin Mary. This Crusader church was built over a quarried-out tomb that may well date from the 1st century, surrounded with the atmosphere of the Orthodox Churches, hanging lamps and incense.
The tour then leads you to Bethesda Pools, where it is said Jesus healed the paralytic. The site is a series of reservoirs and medicinal pools excavated in the late 19th century, but it has taken more than 100 years for archaeologists to accurately identify and interpret the site. You will then walk to the Via Dolorosa. There you will enter Old Jerusalem through the Lion’s Gate, and follow the painful path of Jesus on his way to his crucifixion. You will then see the Austrian Hospice, the first national pilgrims’ guesthouse in the Holy Land, dated from 1863, before moving onto see the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. This is the final station of the tour and will be where you leave your guide.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.