Full Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour including Kirtipur the City of Glory
Visit the oldest palaces that date back to the 3rd century at Kathmandu Durbar Square and the oldest Hindu Temple, Pashupatinath, also called God of animals. Explore Kirtipur, one of the oldest cities of Kathmandu, situated 5 km south. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before getting dropped back off to your hotel or to the tour departure point.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (inside Kathmandu Valley only)
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Your tour begins with two Major UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Nepal, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Pashupatinath Temple, the oldest Hindu temple in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Durbar Square is historic place of royals where the kings in the past were crowned. It is crowded with ancient temples and palaces that reflect the royal history and religious and cultural life of people.The major attractions of Kathmandu Durbar Square are as follows:
• Unique combination of wood, stone, & brick carving on different temples and palaces
• Living Goddess Kumari
• One of the biggest idols of terrifying Bhairab in palace complex
• Various Junctions/chocks inside the Royal palace where formal program was conducted during the Monarchy
• Old market around the palace complex
• Taleju Bhabani Temple
• Gaddi Baithak (Public Audience Hall)
• Big bell and drums
• Idol of Kal BhairavAfter visiting Kathmandu Durbar Square, you will drive 30 minutes to reach Pashupatinath Temple, Nepal's most sacred Hindushrine, and one of the subcontinent's great Shiva sites. The major attractions of Pashupatinath Temples are as follows:
• The Hindu cremation process of Hindu people
• Various temples interrelated to Hindu and Buddhist
• Meditation caves and rest houses
• Saints and priests
• Hindu cultural activities
• Nepal's first and oldest elderly's homeYou will then drive 45 minutes to reach Kirtipur. This city had its own old glory in art, culture, rituals, social customs etc. You will also enjoy basking in antiquity, typical lifestyle of Newar local inhabitants and their much admired skills in producing textile and other handicrafts. Kritipur is also a great view point for Kathmandu valley as well as the Himalayas like Langtang Range, Mt.Dorge Lakkpa, Mt.Gaurishankar.
You will have a lunch at a restaurant in Kritipur and before driving back to Kathmandu to get dropped off at your hotel.
Departure Point :• Your Kathmandu Valley hotel • If your accommodations are outside Kathmandu Valley, departure point will be at Tridevi Marg, Thamel, Kathmandu
Departure Time :9am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants ages 7 and under are free of charge
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Those who are joining the tour from outside Kathmandu Valley must come to the Departure Location.
- Please note that there has been significant damage to Kathmandu Durbar Square due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.