Full day kayaking in Río La Leona - Calafate
In an environment of incredible natural beauty and geological richness, this activity invites you to paddle and walk the inhospitable Patagonian steppe where the senses are sharpened and the sounds of silence are witnesses of the passage of time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Double kayak and paddles
- Technical Equipment: Neoprene wetsuit and boots, semi-dry jacket, cockpit, helmet
- Oar mitts, life jacket and waterproof bag to store belongings
- Cruise snack (hot drinks, alfajores or brownies; nuts)
- Tourism activities insurance (personal accidents and civil liability)
What's excluded :
- Services and food not mentioned
A talk is made about the equipment to be used and the safety regulations. We deliver to
technical team participants (wetsuit, wetsuit, cockpit cover, jacket
semi-dry, life jacket, cold mittens and helmet) and a waterproof bag so they can store their belongings and food. Once dressed we regulate the kayaks (the passengers go in double kayaks and the guides in simple ones); and we conducted a training on safety and evacuation, rowing back and forth, turns and brakes and the operation of the river is explained.
Safety and rescue maneuvers outside the water are practiced
One guide helps them up and the other guide receives them and gathers the group in the river.
Once the whole group is in the water, the maneuvers are practiced and the rowing begins.
The guides are constantly assisting the participants, checking the rowing form and safety. They are shown the operation of the river and geomorphology of the area.
The first kayak trip lasts approximately 1.15 hour (8 km)
In the area of Cerro Fortaleza (La Meseta stay) we stop for lunch and trek through Cerro Los Hornos to a viewpoint
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.