Full Day Korean DMZ Tour including the War Memorial of Korea
This tour will take you from Seoul to the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) that is a very unique, educational and contemporary historical place. When you arrive at the Imjingak Park through the Freedom highway, the vehicle takes you to the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel. After seeing the 3rd Tunnel, you will watch a brief film at the DMZ Exhibition Hall to get more information on the Korean Peninsula.
Then you will move to the Dora Observatory to see North Korea over telescope. After the Dora Observatory, you will visit the Dorasan Station, the last station before entering North Korea.
You will pass the Unification Village, on the way to go to the Imjingak Park and back to Seoul. You will have a lunch of local Korea food in Seoul and visit the War Memorial of Korea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - DMZ
- Entry/Admission - The War Memorial of Korea
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: DMZ, Munsan-eup, Majeong-ri Imjingak Tourist information center, Paju, Gyeonggi-do South Korea
You will be picked up at your hotel in Central Seoul or subway station then taken to Imjingak Park.
Once you arrive at the park, you can see the Freedom Bridge and an old steam train that shows the extremity of the tragedy that was the Korean War at Imjingak Park.
Then, the DMZ bus will head to the 3rd Tunnel that North Korean Army built to infiltrate South Korea in 1970s. You will walk down to the tunnel (about 500m, round trip) wearing a safety helmet. After coming out of tunnel, you will have some time to look around the DMZ Exhibition Hall which shows the Korean War, old weapons and Korea's history.
After the Exhibition Hall, you will head to Mt Dora to see North Korea from the Observatory. There are many telescopes to look at North Korea’s propaganda village.
Then you will move to Dorasan Station, the last station before entering North Korea from South Korea. You can get a stamp that resembles the immigration desk in the airport, as a souvenir (You will not be entering North Korea).
On the way back to Imjingak Park, your vehicle will pass by the Unification Village before heading back to Seoul.
Once you return to Seoul, you will stop-by a Korean Ginseng Center (skip if you choose "without shopping tour" option).
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: The War Memorial of Korea, 29, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 04353 South Korea
Once you return to Seoul, you will have a lunch of local Korean cuisine.
After lunch, you will visit the War Memorial of Korea where you can explore for about two hours around the 6 individual exhibition halls and the outdoor exhibition area. You will see over 10,000 artifacts to remember the Korean War in the indoor and outdoor areas.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at the City Hall around 4:30 pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is provided at most hotels in Central Seoul and subway stations.Please provide us with the name & full address of your accommodation in Seoul.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :City Hall Station, Jeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Do not need passport copy in advance
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk down and up for narrow tunnel
- Not recommended for seniors who have any problem to walk
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.