Full-Day Masada and Dead Sea from Tel Aviv
Leave Tel Aviv for the day and travel through the Judean Hills and on to the Dead Sea on this 11-hour guided tour. In a small group of no more than 19 people, ride a cable car to the mountaintop to explore the ancient fortification of Masada, where King Herod built palaces, and learn the story of its historic siege. Then relax while floating in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual, professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your day begins with an early morning pickup from your Tel Aviv hotel.
Departing Tel Aviv, your journey takes you through the Judean Hills and on to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth. Stop to visit a Dead Sea cosmetics shop to browse products made from Dead Sea minerals, before continuing the journey south along the shores of the salt lake to Masada.
Ascend by cable car and visit the impressive mountaintop fortress that was once home to King Herod. See the remains of the wall, palaces, and synagogue and hear the heroic story of of the Zealots who managed to fend off the Roman army before committing mass suicide.
After your historical trip to the fortress, descend by cable car and drive to one of shores of the Dead Sea for the opportunity to float in its mineral-rich water, which many believe contains therapeutic qualities. Enjoy a natural mud bath and the sensation of floating on water.
Feeling youthful again, return to to Tel Aviv and conclude your tour with a hotel drop-off.
Please note: The trip does not include a visit to Qumran.
Important : From January 17 to 23, 2019 due to renovations at Masada, the visit to Masada will be replaced by Qumran & Ein Gedi reserve.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:20 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.