Full-Day Monte Alban Archaeological Site and Oaxaca Artisan Experience
You will visit Monte Albán, which is the biggest Zapotec urban center. Then, see the town of Arrazola which is a wooden craft village and discover how to make the "Alebrijes". Then, head to Cuilápam de Guerrero which was a Dominican monastery in the XVI century. You'll also visit San Bartolo Coyotepec which is famous for its beautiful black mud shapes. On this tour, you will know an important part of the Art of Oaxaca. Your hotel includes a professional guide and transport.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide bilingual.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Monte Alban
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Admission in Monte Alban
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monte Alban, Oaxaca Mexico
The tour starts at around 10am with hotel pickup in the city of Oaxaca. Board an air-conditioned van and head to Monte Albán archaeological site which is the biggest Zapotec urban center. Here, you'll enjoy a guided tour and see its main landmarks.These ruins are the most important of the entire state and have been declared a World Heritage list by UNESCO. After the explanation of your guide, you will have free time to walk and take pictures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Antonio Arrazola, Oaxaca Mexico
Then, visit the town of Arrazola which is an artisan town. The shapes made of Copal are fantastically carved and painted and are called Alebrijes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ex Convento de Cuilapam de Guerrero, Vicente Guerrero Mexico
Then, head to Cuilápam de Guerrero, which in the XVI century, was a Dominican monastery. Here, you can see the open chapel, which is the place where General Vicente Guerrero was shot.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Bartolo Coyotepec, Oaxaca, Mexico
Finally, you'll visit Bartolo Coyotepec, worldwide famous because of the beautiful black mud shapes. (Barro Negro).
You'll be back at your Oaxaca hotel at 6pm.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have pick up in almost all the hotels in the city, if you stay in an apartment (a b & b) we indicate the address, so that our operdador picks you up there. If your apartment or hotel is out of our coverage, we will indicate the address or the nearest place to go through you.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Enjoy Oaxaca