Full-Day Mosta, Mdina, and Rabat Tour from Valletta
Today’s excursion takes us to the central part of Malta, dominated by the medieval fortified city of Mdina, Malta’s former capital city. The narrow, winding streets, dating back to medieval times, lead to the imposing bastions, commanding a magnificent panorama of the island. On the way there, you will discover different styles of architecture, including Siculo-Norman palaces and other baroque buildings of great historical importance.
Time stands still in this ‘silent city’ which is a film-maker’s paradise. Leaving Mdina through Greeks’ Gate, we stop at the early Christian Catacombs in Rabat before proceeding to the cliffs at Dingli.
After lunch we will visit the San Anton botanical gardens situated near the Presidential Palace, which you will be able to admire from outside. We shall also spend time at the crafts centre at Ta’ Qali. At the end of the tour, allow us to astound you with Mosta’s majestic dome, one of Europe’s largest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entry/Admission - Mdina Metropolitan Cathedral Museum
- Entry/Admission - St. Paul's Grotto
- Entry/Admission - Mosta Parish
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mdina Old City, Pjazza San Publiju, Mdina, Island of Malta Malta
Visit the Silent City Mdina, which has defence bastions dating back back to the 9th Century.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mdina Metropolitan Cathedral Museum, 2 Triq San Pawl, Mdina, Island of Malta MDN 1061 Malta
Visit St Paul's Cathedral and the Bastions, which offer a panoramic view of the Island. ( Admission not included)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Paul's Grotto, Pjazza Tal-Paroccam, Rabat, Island of Malta Malta
Before lunch you will be given free time to visit St. Paul's Grotto. (Admission not included) After St Paul's Grotto you will have lunch in a typical Maltese Restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Dingli Cliffs, Panoramic Road, Dingli, Island of Malta Malta
Offering a spectacular view of the open sea and after lunch we proceed to San Anton Botanical Garden.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ta' Qali Crafts Village, Attard, Ta' Qali, Island of Malta Malta
Watch local artisans at work, producing typical Maltese ware including glass, silver and filigree.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mosta Parish, 15, Church Street, Mosta, Island of Malta MST 2015 Malta
Mosta to visit the famous Dome, considered to be the third largest in the world. (Admission not included)
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Relais & Chateaux Xara Palace - Pick up Mdina Main GatePlease contact your local supplier to arrange a convenient pickup point and location.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please take with you your masks and/or visors and hand sanitiser.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by S Mifsud & Sons Ltd