Full-Day Mount Wolchulsan National Park Hiking Trip
Mount Wolchul National Park is filled with special and unique rocky mountain peaks. With your local, professional guide, experience the mountains that rise dramatically from the flat farmlands of Gangjin and Yeongam counties southwest of Gwangju. Its highest peak, Cheonhwangbong, rises 809 meters. With your small-group, watch the sunset to the west, which is beautiful beyond description. The name Wolchul appropriately means "mountain where the moon rises." Tourist attractions include a 52-meter-long suspension bridge that connects two peaks and a sitting Buddha statue designated as a National Treasure.
per adult from
13 to 15 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip transfer service with private vehicle
- Lunch(Lunch Box on a Mountain)
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hiking poles
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wolchulsan, Yeongam-eup, Yeongam-gun, South Korea
Wolchulsan national park is filled with special and unique rocky mountain peaks. The mountains rise dramatically from the flat farmlands of Gangjin and Yeongam counties southwest of Gwangju. Its highest peak, Cheonhwangbong, rises 809m. The sunset to the west is also beautiful beyond description. The name Wolchul appropriately means "mountain where the moon rises." Tourist attractions include a 52-meter-long suspension bridge that connects two peaks and a sitting Buddha statue designated as a National Treasure.
06:00 Pick up
06:00 - 11:00 Move to Mt. Wolchulsan
11:00 - 16:00 Hiking(From Cheonhwangsa Temple to Dogapsa Temple)
16:00 - 21:00 Move Back to Seoul
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Gaesin-ri, Yeongam-eup, Yeongam-gun, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
The Cloud Bridge(Gureumdari-suspension bridge)
You will cross the suspension bridge, 120m from the ground, 52m long, and 6m wide. To the left of Sajabong Peak, around the middle of the mountain, there is a waterfall pouring down into the valley as seven separate falls on top of each other, called Chilchi Waterfall. The surrounding landscape really makes this Cloud Bridge a great experience.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 306 Dogapsa-ro, Gunseo-myeon, Yeongam, Jeollanam-do, South Korea
The historic Dogapsa Buddhist Temple is located within the Wolchulsan National Park and in 1984, was designated Provincial Cultural Property No. 79. At an elevation of 376m, the site offers spectacular views of the surrounding area, so impressive it carries the nickname ‘Sogeumgang River’, meaning “Small Geumgang River” of Jeollanamdo-Province.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Seoul, South Korea
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please let us know your accommodation address so we can pick you up at your places.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.