Full Day Mtskheta, Jvari, Gori & Uplistsikhe Tour
In this Georgia one-day tour you will visit Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgian kings to enjoy the amazing beauty of the architecture of such ancient monasteries as Jvari and Svetitskhoveli. You will also do one of the oldest settlements in Georgia and end your journey in Gori, the city situated in the scenic Kartli valley.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Stalin Museum
- Entry/Admission - Uplistsiche Cave Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
The Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is an Eastern Orthodox cathedral located in the historic town of Mtskheta, Georgia, to the northwest of the Georgian capital Tbilisi. A masterpiece of the Early Middle Ages, Svetitskhoveli is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. It is currently the second largest church building in Georgia, after the Holy Trinity Cathedral.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Jvari Monastery is a sixth-century Georgian Orthodox monastery near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia. Along with other historic structures of Mtskheta, it is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Stalin Museum, 32 Stalin Avenue Stalin Park, Gori 1400 Georgia
This impressively designed museum makes no serious attempt to present a balanced account of Stalin's career or deeds. It remains, much as when it opened in 1957, a reverent homage to the Gori boy who became a key figure of 20th-century history – although displays do now at least refer to the purges, the Gulag and his 1939 pact with Hitler. The Dzhugashvili family's wood-and-mud-brick house where Stalin lived for the first four years of his life is reverentially preserved outside.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
Uplistsikhe is an ancient rock-hewn town in eastern Georgia, some 10 kilometers east of the town of Gori, Shida Kartli.
Built on a high rocky left bank of the Mtkvari River, it contains various structures dating from the Early Iron Age to the Late Middle Ages, and is notable for the unique combination of various styles of rock-cut cultures from Anatolia and Iran, as well as the co-existence of pagan and Christian architecture.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotels in TbilisiAirports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.