Full Day Nicaragua Tour from Costa Rica
Explore all of Nicaragua's most famous highlights all in one day from Costa Rica!
You will see a dormant volcano crater, the active Masaya Crater, go shopping at the artisan markets, explore the colonial town of Granada, and go on a boat ride viewing the islets of Lake Nicaragua, and even get to feed monkeys!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel, Condo, or House pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Native's Way Costa Rica, Meters West Of Banco Nacional 50 Next to La Oveja Negra Surf Club, Tamarindo 50503 Costa Rica
You will picked up from your hotel promptly and taken to the border where your guide will help you in every step of the crossing, which takes about 30 minutes. The guide will make the process easy for you and will take care of all of the passport paperwork and visas. From here we will travel to eat a hearty breakfast to start off the day.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mirador de Catarina, Catarina Nicaragua
Here you will enjoy an incredible view over the dormant volcano crater, Granada, and Lake Nicaragua. You will be allowed to walk around freely for a while before getting back in the bus and heading to the next stop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Masaya Crafts Market, Antiguo Mercado de Masaya, Masaya Nicaragua
Do some shopping for inexpensive souvenirs and experience the Nicaraguan life style before sitting down for a typical Nicaraguan lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Masaya Volcano National Park, Masaya Nicaragua
An active volcano where you will have the opportunity to stand right next to its crater and hear it rumbling and spewing of gases. An incredible, rare sight.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Catedral de Granada, Costado Este del Parque Central, Granada 43000 Nicaragua
An old Colonial town near Lake Nicaragua. Stop at La Merced Church, considered one of the most beautiful buildings of Granada. It is flanked by a large tower that houses the church bells. You will ascend the stairs and reach the roof of the church. From here, you’ll have a panoramic city view of Granada, Mombacho Volcano, and Nicaragua Lake with the islets. This is the perfect place to take pictures of the beautiful city and the surroundings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Las Isletas, Nicaragua
Your last stop is a one hour boat ride in Lake Nicaragua viewing the Nicarguan Islets around sunset. Your guide will stop by Monkey Island consisting only of monkeys that will come out and take food from your guide on the boat! You will then head back to Costa Rica, stopping on the way to pick up some snacks for the ride home.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Hacienda, Provincia de Guanacaste, Pinilla, 50309, Costa Rica
2: Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
3: Playa Conchal, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
4: Provincia de Guanacaste, Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
5: Guanacaste Province, Las Catalinas, Costa Rica
6: Playa Grande, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
7: Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica, Playa Matapalo, Carrillo, Guanacaste Province, Sardinal District, Costa Rica
8: Playas del Coco, Provincia de Guanacaste, Coco, Costa Rica
9: Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica, Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
10: Playa Panama, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
11: Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo - a concept by Hyatt, Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste Province, Papagayo Peninsula, 50104, Costa Rica
12: Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, Playa, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
13: Guanacaste Province, Liberia, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Hacienda Pinilla/JW Marriott: 4:00 AM (please let reception or security know we are coming to pick you up)Langosta/Tamarindo Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AMConchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, Potrero Hotels, Condos, Apartments, Houses: 4:30 AMRIU Guanacaste & RIU Palace: 5:00 AM (bring copy of passport)Playas del Coco Hotels, Condos, Houses: 5:20 AMPlaya Hermosa & Playa Panama Hotels (Villas Sol, Condovac, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove), Condos Houses: 5:30 AMLiberia Peri Supermarket: 5:45 AMAndaz, Four Seasons, Planet Hollywood: 5:00 am ($50 transport fee per booking, not per customer)Dreams Las Mareas: 6:00 AM Pick up times are an estimate. Please be ready at the specified time but it may take us up to 20 minutes longer depending on that days pick up schedule and traffic.
Departure Time :4:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants. Please bring your passport on the day of your tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For private tours face masks are not required for travelers. Please bring your own face mask, but if you don't have one let us know in advance and one will be provided. We ask that you keep a safe distance between other travelers on the tour, and we will make sure there is 1 seat between groups.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.