Full-day Nis and Serbian History Tour from Sofia
Located only 163 kilometers from Sofia, Nis is a fantastic option to add a Serbian stamp in your passport, without checking out from your hotel in Bulgaria. Nis is the third largest city in Serbia and the birthplace of Constantine the Great, one of the most important emperors in the Roman history. Explore the intriguing history of former Yugoslavia, while having delicious authentic Serbian roshtil (grill) in the city, located on the both sides of Nisava river.
per adult from
What's included :
- Driver/guide in English
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Skull Tower
- Entry/Admission - Red Cross Nazi Concentration Camp
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mediana, Nis 18000 Serbia
This Roman estate exhibits the remains of a granary, craft centre, villas , thermae, and the remains of ancient villa with with rich mosaics. Most mosaics exhibit geometrical or floral motifs, while two mosaics presenting figures - the head of the Medusa and a semi-prostrate figure of a river deity (probably Neptune). The museum contains sculptures and portraits of Roman gods and goddesses, utensils for daily use (bowls, pitchers, lamps) and remnants of lead pipes used to provide healing hot water from the nearby Niska Banja (Nis Spa).
Stop At: Skull Tower, Bulevar Dr Zorana Dindica, Nis Serbia
Upon our arrival in Niš we will first visit the famous Cele Kula (Skull Tower NIS) where you will learn about the atrocities of the Turks against the Serbs and you will see a unique in the world monument for the sacrifice of Serbian revolutionaries.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Red Cross Nazi Concentration Camp, Bul 12 Februari after the corssing with Alexandra Medvedeva str., Nis Serbia
At 15:00h we will drive to Niš Concentration Camp - a small but very authentic concentration camp set by the Germans during World War 2 to imprison and kill Jews, Romas and other minorities. We leave back to Sofia around 16:00h and expect to arrive around 18:30h.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Shuttle Tour Starting Point, ul. Oborishte, ул. „19-ти февруари“, 1000 Old City Center, София, Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.