Full Day Nom Ancient Village - Bat Trang Pottery Village Private Tour From Hanoi
Nom Ancient Village, an ancient and picturesque countryside nearby Hanoi Capital City Vietnam. Not many people know this antique village which is more than 200 years old, leaving it intact and beautiful on its own. “Peaceful, photogenic, and rustic” are what visitors say about this spot at the first sight. Before you go on, know that Nom Village is one of the most typical examples of the old villages of Northern Vietnam.
Visit Bat Trang Ceramic Village, you should take opportunities to see how the ceramists create their masterpieces. By watching the procedure, some tourists might want to get the hands-on experiences in making their own potteries. The good place for this activity is the Ceramic Market (Cho Gom) where has the “pottery making service” in several houses. Enter a house and try it out!
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle;
- English speaking guide;
- Hands on experience in pottery workshop in Bat Trang;
- Home hosted lunch (drink is included)
- Mineral water & wet tissue on car;
What's excluded :
- Other meals, tip, drinks, single room, personal expenses, insurance.
- Prices are not valid for Tet holiday. Surcharge on Tet holiday (23-28 Jan 2020): 30% of total price
- Morning take one hour drive from Hanoi to Nom Village in Dai Dong Hamlet, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province. The village was formed at the beginning of the Common Era, according to a stele preserved in Nom Pagoda.
Thousands of years may have passed, but Nom Village retains its image as a traditional Vietnamese village. The arched village gate is made of bricks, on which are inscribed Confucian characters and the image of two dragons encircling the moon.
The center of Nom Village is the communal house. Before the road leading into the communal house is a pond several decameters wide and approximately 200 meters long. In the village over a dozen ancient houses and seven altars of the various families remain. Most prominent is the home of Phung Van Long, which was built about 200 years ago, according to documents from Hung Yen province’s department of culture, sports and tourism. The house includes fully intact wooden pillars and columns, on which exquisite carvings remain. After take a rest , enjoy Vietnamese tea and mingle with old local people at the communal house. We drive from Nom Village to Bat Trang, the most famous pottery in the North of Vietnam. We will take you for the walk to the original part of the village where people still manufacture pottery in traditional way, visiting a local workshop and enjoy some hands on experience of making some of your own pottery products there. You also have some free time for shopping in the big market of pottery in Bat Trang before driving back to Hanoi. Tour concluded.
Departure Point :Old Quarter hotels or central meeting point
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.