Full-Day Perito Moreno Ice Trek from El Calafate
Book a Mini trekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier and you will feel the ice closer than ever!
This full-day excursion will take you to walk over the glacier, fully equipped and accompanied by our certified bilingual guides, for a day long.
You will also have access to the Glacier's balconies during a whole hour in order to get the best views and landscapes of the National Park before going for this one of a kind experience!
The excursion includes a 20 minutes navigation to the Perito Moreno Glacier and a long walk over the Ice to discover every corner of the Glacier.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided mini-trek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional Spanish-English guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lago Argentino
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno National Park
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
What's excluded :
- Lunch (you can bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park.
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Los Glaciares
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol El Calafate, Cmte. Tomas Espora 10, El Calafate Z9405BWB Argentina
The tour starts with the pick up from your centrally located El Calafate Hotel
Stop At: Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, Avenida Del Libertador 1302, El Calafate Z9405AHY Argentina
This unique natural wonder has been declared a "World Heritage Site of Humanity" by UNESCO in 1981. The National Park includes a scenario of mountains, lakes and forests, a large portion of the Andes Mountains covered with ice and snow to the west and the arid Patagonian steppe to the east.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
Once in the “Bajo las Sombras” port, you will board a ship to cross the Lago Rico to arrive at the opposite shore after a 20-minute trip approximately in front of the southern wall of the Perito Moreno Glacier.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Perito Moreno National Park, Perito Moreno Argentina
A short 20-minute walk begins with a talk about glaciology along the shore of the lake towards the glacier. Once on the ice, the guides put on each participant a pair of crampons and give them instructions on how they should walk on the ice. In the about 1:30 hour walk on the glacier, you will be able to appreciate a wide variety of ice formations as well as cracks, seracs, glacier mills and small ponds.
The trekking difficulty is moderate. The ice surface over which you walk is irregular, but firm and safe. You will get information about flora and fauna and about the particular phenomenon that only takes place in the Perito Moreno Glacier and that eventually produces its rupture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pasarelas Perito Moreno, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, El Calafate 9405 Argentina
After the ice-trek and a 20-minute boat ride back to the port, the tour includes a guided visit to the walkways of Los Glaciares National Park.
There, you will be able to enjoy the amazing panoramic landscape of the Glacier and to walk along some of the self guided trails.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.IMPORTANT NOTE: Pickup time may vary between 7:30 AM & 10:00 AM according to availability.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 65 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Pickup time may vary between 7:30 AM & 10:00 AM according to availability.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.