Full-Day Plovdiv and Asen’s Fortress VR Tour from Sofia
Plovdiv and Asen's fortress tour is excellent way to see in one day Bulgaria's second largest city and Medieval fortress. Get back in time with our Virtual Reality Googles. Plovdiv is preparing for European capital of Culture in 2019 and it is more beautiful than ever in its 5,000 years of history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Virtual Reality exploration
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance fees in Plovdiv's old town and Asen's fortress
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Roman Theatre
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Ancient Plovdiv Architectural Reserve is a well-preserved complex where on a relatively small area visitors can take walks through different historical ages, see ancient buildings adapted to the modern way of life and feel the spirit of the town from the Bulgarian Revival Period.
The Old Town, as the complex is known, lies on a natural elevation – the three hills (the closely situated Dzhambaz Hill, Nebet Hill, and Taksim Hill). Many peoples have inhabited this place through the centuries. And all of them have left traces of their cultures and also the different names they gave to the town. Plovdiv is one of the oldest towns in Europe – it dates back to 4000 years BC. During Antiquity the Thracians came to the hill and set up a fortified settlement that was conquered by Philip of Macedon in the 2nd century BC. He gave one of the many names of the town - Philipopolis, and surrounded it with thick fortification walls. Later the Thracians regained control over the town, but after a series of battles they lost it to the Romans in the 1st century. A fortress from Thracian times is preserved on the very summit of Nebet Hill.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plovdiv Roman Theatre, Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The Roman theatre of Plovdiv is one of the world's best-preserved ancient theaters, located in the city center of Plovdiv, Bulgaria. It was constructed in the 90s of the 1st century AD, probably under the ruler ship of Emperor Domitian. The theater can host between 5000 and 7000 spectators and it is currently in use.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
This beautiful medieval fortification will allow you to learn some history and take wonderful pictures from the top. At 16:00 your tour will be over and you will start your journey back to Sofia with an expected time of arrival at Alexander Nevski Square in Sofia around 18:00h.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :ulitsa "Oborishte", ul. "Oborishte", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.