Full-Day Pompeii and Amalfi Coast from Rome
After a 3-hour ride, arrive at the unique town of Pompeii to begin your private 10-hour tour. Here you will explore the ruins of this ancient city. Then proceed to the famous Amalfi Coast to drive through the city of Amalfi and stop to visit Sorrento or Positano. Your tour driver will be happy to take you in one of these locations, and recommend some local restaurants for a traditional Mediterranean meal! The great thing about this tour is that you can decide which venue to explore: Positano or Sorrento. The choice is yours! Just let us know your preference, we'll take care of the rest. *Upon Request: we can arrange a private English speaking guide for a private guided tour of Pompeii, for an additional cost.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking tour driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fuel, tolls, parking fees
- Fresh bottled water on board
- All vehicles are fully licensed and insured according to Italian law
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- ADDITIONALS: Tickets for Pompeii cost 15,00 Euro per person (reservation is not required)
- Upon request: we can arrange a private English speaking guide for a private guided tour of Pompeii
- Your English-speaking chauffeur/guide will meet you at your hotel or any other place of your convenience in Rome at the suggested departure time of 8am.
After a 3-hour ride, arrive in the unique town of Pompeii. Overwhelmed by the eruption of Vesuvius in the year 79 AC, the city of Pompeii has, for centuries, captivated archaeologists from all over the world. Here, you will meet your local, archaeological English-speaking guide for a private, 2-hour walking tour into the ruins of the ancient city. Digging slowly and regularly since 1748, historians have rediscovered temples, theaters, and homes that were submerged by the volcano, bringing them to light once again. This will give you the best opportunity to discover the way of life during the times of the Roman Empire.
Then, proceed to the famous Amalfi Coast. Drive through the city of Amalfi, capital of the divine coast, and stop in Sorrento. Here, your chauffeur/guide will recommend some local restaurants for a typical “Mediterranean” lunch (at own expense). After, you will proceed to Positano, one of the most beautiful seaside villages of the Amalfi coast. Narrow winding streets that slowly descend from the hilltop to the beautiful beach will welcome you for a stroll. Here, you may find the perfect summer clothes you were looking for in some of the fashion designers’ boutiques. Leave Positano by 5pm to be back in Rome around 8pm.
This tour length is approximately 12 hours in total and is conducted by an English-speaking driver/guide and a local, English-speaking, archaeological expert guide for a private 2-hour guided tour of ancient Pompeii.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off of all travellers in Rome Hotel or Other
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide, for an additional cost, upon request
- Dress code is smart casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.