Full-Day Prague in a Nutshell Walking Tour with delicious Lunch-Cruise
This whole day tour is specifically designed for those visitors who only have one day and still they would like to get to know Prague´s most important sights, accompanied by a nice and knowledgeable guide. It may also be a good tour to consider when you prefer to spend the first day getting to know the capital with a guide and then spend the rest of your stay discovering on your own. The small-group tour is split up into two parts: in the morning, you will be touring on the river bank where your hotel is located and in the afternoon on the opposite side. In between you will relax on board of a 2-hours cruise where the buffet-style lunch is served. And if you’d like, your guide can also tell you about different aspects of daily life in the country.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch cruise (2 hours)
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- One part of the tour will take you to the right river bank. You will discover the Old Town together with its stunning Astronomical Clock at the picturesque Old Town Square. Then the Municipal House, as a jewel of the Art Nouveau architecture, the Powder Tower, the former Jewish Quarter with several synagogues, the Estates Theatre where Mozart once conducted his operas, the oldest University in Central Europe and much more.
If you like to learn about modern history, the rather dark and sad part of it, then Wenceslas Square is a good option in order to remember some of its formative events and also admire certain charming examples of modern architecture.
Between noon and 2pm you will be motoring on the Vltava River, enjoying the beautiful panorama that includes such monuments as the Vyšehrad Castle or Frank Gehry’s iconic Dancing House, as well as bit of a pleasant music. This might be also a good time to chat with your guide over an excellent buffet-style lunch about some selected subjects regarding life in our country.
The Lesser Town and the Prague Castle located on the left river bank will comprise the other part of the tour and this time you will travel deeper into Prague's history and cover over a thousand years of Czech statehood. Prague Castle represents a real open air textbook of architecture, offering impressive panoramas. You will get to know the main square with its luxurious palaces and then the individual courtyards where you will see St. Vitus Cathedral, The Royal Palace and the Basilica of St. George.
If you arrive after 5pm, when a ticket is no longer necessary, you will be able to take photos of the charming little colorful houses on the Golden Lane. You will then walk downhill through the Saint Wenceslas Vineyards and enjoy a breath-taking view of all four historical Prague towns, a nice end for a very rich program.
Departure Point :Choose from the following pick up options in city center (your supplier will confirm your pick up location upon reconfirmation): • Beneath the Astronomical clock at the Old Town Square (Old Town) • Next to the equestrian statue of St Wenceslas at the Wenceslas Square (New Town) • In front of the Starbuck´s Coffee Shop at the Lesser Town Square (Lesser Town) • In front of the Savoy hotel (Keplerova street) (Prague Castle - Hradčany)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Malostranská metro station
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please, don´t forget to wear comfortable shoes
- Minimum age is 3 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.