Full Day Private Tianjin City Tour from Beijing by Bullet Train: City Highlights Including Tianjin Eye With Lunch
Travel First Class from Beijing to Tianjin aboard the renowned bullet train. Enjoy a full day tour of Tianjin with a private guide and air-conditioned private car and driver. Stroll around the Five Great Avenues area with its variety of European architecture. Visit the Jing Garden, home to the last emperor of the Qing Dynasty. Enjoy the unique architecture of Ancient Cultural Street. Ride the Tianjin Eye high above the city with a birds-eye view of the surrounding area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Chinese lunch is served at a Tianjin local restaurant
- An English-speaking guide in Tianjin
- Air-conditioned car transfer with an English-speaking guide between Beijing hotel and Beijing railway station
- Air-conditioned car transfer among Tianjin Railway station and sightseeing spots
- Bottled water
- Entrance tickets as indicated in the itinerary
- Second-class round-trip train tickets
- Entry/Admission - Jingyuan
- Entry/Admission - Ferris wheel, Eye of Tianjin
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Five Great Avenues, Stadium Street, Heping District, Tianjin 300050 China
Your personal guide will meet you at your Beijing hotel at 7am and transfer you to the Beijing South Railway Station to take the Bullet Train to Tianjin. Enjoy a comfortable First Class seat for around 35 minutes. Upon arrival at Tianjin another private car and driver will meet you and your guide at the railway station to start your tour.
Tianjin has the fourth largest urban population in China after Beijing Shanghai and Guangzhou and has a long history dating back many centuries. It has featured prominently in actions during the Opium Wars and the Boxer Rebellion and was an early Treaty Port allowing British and French concessions together with Japan, Germany and Russia.
Your first stop today is in the area known as the Five Great Avenues. Located in Heping District south of the downtown area of Tianjin, the Five Great Avenues are five parallel roads running east to west across the city and all named after five Chinese cities; Chongqing, Changde, Dali, Machang and Munan.
In this area you will see well over 200 buildings with architecture from all over Europe. Machang Avenue is the widest and longest, as well as being the oldest. Here you will see the Spanish Villa style building that was once the residence of the British Overseas Scholar, Da Wenshi. Also along Machang Avenue you can see Beijiang Museum, one of the earliest museums in China and built in a Roman architectural style. There are also many notable early 20th century buildings to be seen along Munan Avenue and Dali Avenue.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jingyuan, No.70 Anshan Road, Heping District, Tianjin 300020 China
From the Five Great Avenues continue to Jing Garden or Garden of Serenity. Built in the Spanish style in 1921, the complex was adopted as the residence of Puyi, the last Emperor of the Qing Dynasty, in 1929 when he moved here with his Empress Wan Rong and Concubine Wenxiu. The main building has 21 rooms that have been restored to their original purpose.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Culture Street (Gu Wenhua Jie), Gongnan Main Street, Nankai District, Tianjin 300100 China
After lunch you will have a chance to relax a little as you walk along Tianjin’s Ancient Cultural Street. Here you will find many antique and jade stores and in the center of the 700 meter long street, the Temple of the Queen of Heaven dedicated to the Goddess of the Sea. You will have time to enjoy visiting the Temple as well as exploring many fascinating shops.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ferris wheel, Eye of Tianjin, On Yongle Bridge of Sancha River, Hebei District, Tianjin 300010 China
Your last visit today is at the 120 meter high Tianjin Eye on Yongle Bridge, a giant Ferris Wheel that spans the Hai River, in fact it is claimed to be the only Ferris Wheel constructed over a bridge. Each passenger cabin seats eight people and the whole rotation takes 30 minutes. You will get a spectacular view of the city of Tianjin as you rise into the sky.
Following your ride on the Tianjin Eye your guide will accompany you back to Beijing aboard the Bullet Train where another car and driver will transfer you back to your Beijing hotel and the end of your tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is out of scope we defined, your guide will meet you in a place we appointed.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.