Full-Day Private Tomar, Knights Templar and Castles Tour
Enjoy visits Tomar “The Templarios city”, affords a rewarding 8 hours Private Tour experience. Former seat of the Order of the Knights Templar, Tomar is a city of great charm for its artistic and cultural wealth, whose greatest expression is in the Convent of Christ, one of the chief works of the Portuguese Renaissance. Visit Templar castle and discovering the monumental work of the Convent of Christ built in the 12th century. Tomar may seem like a simple riverfront town, but it packs a strong historical punch. Set on the banks of the Nabão River, this small city is home to the impressive Castle of Tomar and the Convent of Christ, a 12th-century UNESCO World Heritage Site and the former medieval headquarters of the Knights Templar.
Your Private tour also includes a free and flexible pick-up (9am)/drop-off (5pm) from your located accommodations, driver/guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Ourem
- Entry/Admission - Synagogue of Tomar
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Tomar
- Entry/Admission - Largo do Pelourinho
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelo de Ourem, Estrada Nacional 356 Nossa Senhora das Misericórdias, Ourem 2490-781 Portugal
The Convent of Christ (Portuguese: Convento de Cristo/Mosteiro de Cristo) is a former Roman Catholic convent in Tomar, Portugal. Originally a 12th-century Templar stronghold, when the order was dissolved in the 14th century the Portuguese branch was turned into the Knights of the Order of Christ, that later supported Portugal's maritime discoveries of the 15th century. The convent and castle complex is a historic and cultural monument and was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Synagogue of Tomar, Rua Dr. Joaquim Jacinto, 73 The synagogue has been renovated and is now open for visitors, Tomar 2300-577 Portugal
The Synagogue of Tomar is the best preserved of the medieval synagogues of Portugal. It is located at 73 Rua Dr. Joaquim Jaquinto, in the historic centre of the city of Tomar, and houses a small Jewish Museum. The synagogue of Tomar was built between 1430 and 1460 by the thriving Jewish community of the town
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castelo de Tomar, Colina do Castelo, Tomar 2300-000 Portugal
The Castle of Almourol is a medieval castle atop the islet of Almourol in the middle of the Tagus River, located in the civil parish of Praia do Ribatejo, 4 kilometres from the municipal seat of Vila Nova da Barquinha, in Portugal's Center Region
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Largo do Pelourinho, Largo Pelourinho, Tomar Portugal
The Convent of the Order of Christ needed a water supply, and the answer was to construct this magnificent six-kilometre aqueduct to conduct water from the four springs at Pegões.
The project began in the 1590s and was planned by the Italian military architect Filipe Terzio who had been hired by the Portuguese crown.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene-certification stamp to identify ‘Clean & Safe’. We operate only private tour and pick-up and drop-off all passengers. Please indicate the pick-up location.Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your satisfaction.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Coronavirus Safety Measures - The safety and well-being of everyone who uses our services are always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our customers safe.
- We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene certification stamp ‘Clean & Safe’.
- For our safety, we operate only private tour and pick-up/drop-off all passengers. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizer and masks to our customers.
- Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your safety and satisfaction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We're certified by the Official Tourism entity 'Turismo de Portugal' with the hygiene certification stamp 'Clean&Safe'. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizers and masks to our customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.