Full-Day Private Tour: Castles of Western Transylvania
Transylvania is both mythical and as real as it gets. And it's covered with fortified places built by kings, dukes and counts but also simple peasants. That is why the fortifications in Transylvania are as diverse as nowhere else. You will find here ruins of ancient fortresses but also medieval castles, fortresses and a lot of fortified churches. Transylvania's South-West can be easily reached by car from Timisoara and hosts two of the best sites of the region: The Castle of Hunedoara and the fortress of Deva.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified tourist guide
- Entry/Admission - Castelul Corvinilor
- Entry/Admission - Cetatea Deva
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelul Corvinilor, Strada Castelului 1-3, Hunedoara 331141 Romania
The medieval castle of John Hunyadi still stands tall and is one of Romania's most impressive castles. John's son Matthias Corvinus became king of Hungary and Croatia. After the death of Matthias in 1490 the castle became property of Georg von Brandenburg and afterwards changed ownership a couple of times. Because of it's location the castle isn't as overrun with tourists like Bran Castle situated in Transylvania's South-East.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cetatea Deva, Strada Cetatii, Deva 330005 Romania
Situated atop of an extinct volcano the Deva fortress overlooks the town of Deva. In medieval times the fortress was a royal castle and was owned by Kings of Hungary, Dukes of Transylvania and several counts.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Castle of Huniade, Cetate, Timișoara, Romania
The town castle of John Hunyadi in Timisoara is the starting and end point of our day trip. The castle now hosts the cities Museum of History.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Castle of Huniade, Cetate, Timișoara, Romania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Timisoara Airport, Timisoara Romania
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.